CD230 antibody | ROS-1H9
Filter by Application:F P WB Reset
Mouse anti Sheep CD230 (aa140 - aa145)
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- (aa140 - aa145)
|Mouse anti Sheep CD230 (Prpsc) antibody, clone ROS-1H9 recognizes the prion disease form of prion protein known as CD230. Transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs) or prion diseases are fatal infectious neurodegenerative diseases of humans and animals and known as Scrapie (sheep and goats), BSE (cattle), CWD (cervine/deer ) and CJD (humans). These diseases are biologically unique, as they are believed by some to be transmitted by an infectious agent comprised only of protein, with no nucleic acid component. Clinically, these diseases present with motor disturbances and behavioral changes. The major pathological changes seen are neuronal loss, vacuolation (spongiform change), proliferation and branching of glial cells, astrocytic proliferation and accumulation of the prion protein PrPSc, which can form amyloid plaques.
CD230. also known as the prion protein (PrP) exists in two alternate forms; a normal cellular form (PrPc) and a disease-associated form (PrPSc).The normal and pathological forms of the prion protein have identical amino acid sequences and differ only in their folded tertiary structure and biochemical properties.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Human Hamster Mouse Red deer
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A truncated form of recombinant Ovine PRP spanning residues aa94 - aa233.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised 129/Ola mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This reagent was licenced from The Roslin Institute at the University of Edinburgh as part of the immunological toolbox project
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005507 copper ion binding
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0008017 microtubule binding
- GO:0031225 anchored to membrane
- GO:0051260 protein homooligomerization
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Sheep Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up