Nestin antibody | Rat-401 (4D4)
Mouse anti Rat Nestin antibody, clone Rat-401 recognizes rat nestin, a large intermediate filament protein transiently expressed in embryonic glian cells (Hockfield and McKay 1985). It is predominately expressed in stem cells of the developing nervous system. Terminal differentiation is associated with a loss of nestin expression. Nestin expression has also been noted in other embryonic tissues, also in most Glioblastoma multiformes and many melanomas.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Nestin purified from embryonic rat spinal cord.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the NS1 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P21263 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Nes Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005882 intermediate filament
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0007420 brain development
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0010212 response to ionizing radiation
- GO:0019215 intermediate filament binding
- GO:0030182 neuron differentiation
- GO:0030844 positive regulation of intermediate filament depolymerization
- GO:0031076 embryonic camera-type eye development
- GO:0031667 response to nutrient levels
- GO:0031730 CCR5 chemokine receptor binding
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:2000179 positive regulation of neural precursor cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Nestin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/20||1/200|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/20||1/200|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- We recommend perfusing tissues with 4% paraformaldehyde at pH 7.4 for light microscopy or with either 4% paraformaldehyde at pH 10.0 or 4% paraformaldehyde with 0.1% glutaraldehyde at pH 7.4 for EM. For Immunocytochemistry we recommend using cells fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde buffered with 50 mM sodium borate at pH 9.5.
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti Rat Nestin antibody, clone Rat-401 reacts with a band at 200-220 kDa in reducing gels of newborn rat or mouse cell extracts. For western blotting it is recommended that samples should be boiled in 4 volumes of 125 mM Tris, pH 6.8, 10% 2-mercaptoethanol, 10% glycerol and 4.6% SDS. Membranes should be blocked with milk or BSA. 5% PAGE gels are suggested.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Hockfield, S. & McKay, R.D. (1985) Identification of major cell classes in the developing mammalian nervous system.
J Neurosci. 5 (12): 3310-28.
References for Nestin antibody
Arnold, T.D. et al. (2012) Defective Retinal Vascular Endothelial Cell Development As a Consequence of Impaired Integrin αVβ8-Mediated Activation of Transforming Growth Factor-β.
J Neurosci. 32: 1197-206.
Mori, T. et al. (2005) Combination of hTERT and bmi-1, E6, or E7 induces prolongation of the life span of bone marrow stromal cells from an elderly donor without affecting their neurogenic potential.
Mol Cell Biol. 25: 5183-95.
Choi, J.S. et al. (2010) Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 mRNA in the rat developing forebrain and retina.
J Comp Neurol. 518: 1064-81.
Choi, J.S. et al. (2007) Upregulation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors Flt-1 and Flk-1 following acute spinal cord contusion in rats.
J Histochem Cytochem. 55: 821-30.
Choi, J.S. et al. (2009) Transient expression of Bis protein in midline radial glia in developing rat brainstem and spinal cord.
Cell Tissue Res. 337: 27-36.
Shin, Y.J. et al. (2010) Enhanced expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 in the subventricular zone of stroke-lesioned rats.
Neurosci Lett. 469: 194-8.
Zhang, H. et al. (2003) VEGF is a chemoattractant for FGF-2-stimulated neural progenitors.
J Cell Biol. 163: 1375-84.
Aleksandrova, M.A. et al. (2001) Transplantation of Cultured Human Neural Progenitor Cells into Rat Brain: Migration and Differentiation
Bull Exp Biol Med. 132: 1000-3.
Bertelli, E. et al. (2002) Nestin expression in rat adrenal gland.
Histochem Cell Biol. 117: 371-7.
Choi, J.S. et al. (2009) Enhanced expression of SOCS-2 in the rat hippocampus after transient forebrain ischemia.
J Neurotrauma. 26: 2097-106.
Poltavtseva, R.A. et al. (2001) In vitro development of neural progenitor cells from human embryos.
Bull Exp Biol Med. 132: 861-3.
Shin, Y.J. et al. (2013) Induction of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 expression in perivascular cells of the ischemic core following focal cerebral ischemia in rats.
Acta Histochem. 115 (2): 170-7.
Barreira, A.L. et al. (2009) Bone marrow mononuclear cells attenuate interstitial fibrosis and stimulate the repair of tubular epithelial cells after unilateral ureteral obstruction.
Cell Physiol Biochem. 24: 585-94.
Araujo, M. R. et al. (2016) Mesenchymal stem cells promote augmented response of endogenous neural stem cells in spinal cord injury of rats
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.uel.br/revistas/uel/index.php/semagrarias/article/view/21596"target="_blank">Semina: Ciências Agrárias. 37 (3): 1355</a>.
Shin, Y.J. et al. (2016) Increased expression of suppressor of cytokine signaling 2 in the subventricular zone after transient focal cerebral ischemia in adult rats.
Brain Res. Jul 26. [Epub ahead of print]