Glucose Transporter 4 antibody | 1F8
Filter by Application:IF WB Reset
Mouse anti Glucose Transporter 4
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Glucose Transporter 4
|Mouse anti glucose transporter 4 antibody, clone 1F8 originally raised against rat intracellular low density microsomes (James et al. 1987) recognizes an epitope in the cytoplasmic region of Glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4), an insulin-regulated facilitative glucose transporter found in adipose tissue and striated muscle. When stimulated by insulin, GLUT4 translocates from intracellular stores to the cell surface, facilitating passive diffusion of circulating glucose into muscle and fat cells. GLUT4 is also stimulated to locate to the cell surface by muscle contraction, particularly in cardiac muscle (James et al. 1988).
Mouse anti glucose transporter 4 antibody, clone 1F8 has been used successfully to demonstrate the localization of GLUT4 to the basolateral side of ductal structures in the rat submandibular salivary gland in formalin fixed, paraffin embedded material (Cetik et al. 2014).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Monkey Dog Rabbit Human Pig
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- 4670-1725GA: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- 4670-1725: Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Pack Size: 0.1 mg0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)Pack Size: 50 µg
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Partially purified vesicles containing insulin-responsive glucose transporter 4.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Pack Size: 0.1 mgIgG concentration 1.0mg/mlPack Size: 50 µgIgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1 This product requires enzyme mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining of parrafin sections. Proteinase K is recomended for this purpose.
References for Glucose Transporter 4 antibody
James, D.E. et al. (1988) Insulin-regulatable tissues express a unique insulin-sensitive glucose transport protein.
Nature. 333 (6169): 183-5.
James, D.E. et al. (1989) Molecular cloning and characterization of an insulin-regulatable glucose transporter.
Nature. 338 (6210): 83-7.
Cleasby, M.E. et al. (2003) Programming of rat muscle and fat metabolism by in utero overexposure to glucocorticoids.
Endocrinology. 144 (3): 999-1007.
Huang, J., et al. (2001) Insulin can regulate GLUT4 internalization by signaling to Rab5 and the motor protein dynein.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 98:13084-13089.
Farese, R.V. et al. (2007) Muscle-specific knockout of PKC-lambda impairs glucose transport and induces metabolic and diabetic syndromes.
J Clin Invest. 117: 2289-301.
Grainger, D.L. et al. (2011) Involvement of phosphatidylinositol 5-phosphate in insulin-stimulated glucose uptake in the L6 myotube model of skeletal muscle.
Pflugers Arch. 462: 723-32.
Minakawa, M. et al. (2011) Hypoglycemic effect of resveratrol in type 2 diabetic model db/db mice and its actions in cultured L6 myotubes and RIN-5F pancreatic β-cells.
J Clin Biochem Nutr. 48: 237-44.
Gillies, R.M. et al. (2011) Immunohistochemical assessment of intrinsic and extrinsic markers of hypoxia in reproductive tissue: differential expression of HIF1α and HIF2α in rat oviduct and endometrium.
J Mol Histol. 42: 341-54.
View The Latest Product References
Aksentijević, D. et al. (2009) Insulin resistance and altered glucose transporter 4 expression in experimental uremia.
Kidney Int. 75: 711-8.
Imamura, T. et al. (2001) beta -Arrestin-mediated recruitment of the Src family kinase Yes mediates endothelin-1-stimulated glucose transport.
J Biol Chem. 276 (47): 43663-7.
Allard, M.F. et al. (2000) Hypertrophied rat hearts are less responsive to the metabolic and functional effects of insulin.
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 279 (3): E487-93.
Lalioti, V.S. et al. (2002) The insulin-sensitive glucose transporter, GLUT4, interacts physically with Daxx. Two proteins with capacity to bind Ubc9 and conjugated to SUMO1.
J Biol Chem. 277: 19783-91.
Spargo, F.J. et al. (2007) Dysregulation of muscle lipid metabolism in rats selectively bred for low aerobic running capacity.
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 292: E1631-6.
Cetik, S. et al. (2014) Expression and Localization of Glucose Transporters in Rodent Submandibular Salivary Glands.
Cell Physiol Biochem. 33: 1149-1161.
de Laat, M.A. et al. (2015) AICAR administration affects glucose metabolism by upregulating the novel glucose transporter, GLUT8, in equine skeletal muscle.
Vet J. 205 (3): 381-6.
Lee, Y-S. et al. (2015) Honokiol, magnolol, and a combination of both compounds improve glucose metabolism in high-fat diet-induced obese mice
Food Sci Biotech. 24 (4): 1467-74.
Lee, Y. et al. (2012) Fargesin improves lipid and glucose metabolism in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and high-fat diet-induced obese mice
BioFactors. 38 (4): 300-8.
Berger, J. et al. (1989) Decreased expression of the insulin-responsive glucose transporter in diabetes and fasting.
Nature. 340 (6228): 70-2.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000299 integral to membrane of membrane fraction
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005360 insulin-responsive hydrogen:glucose symporter activity
- GO:0005792 microsome
- GO:0030140 trans-Golgi network transport vesicle
- GO:0030659 cytoplasmic vesicle membrane
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0050873 brown fat cell differentiation
- GO:0070062 extracellular vesicular exosome
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005975 carbohydrate metabolic process
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0012506 vesicle membrane
- GO:0042593 glucose homeostasis
- GO:0046323 glucose import
- GO:0055056 D-glucose transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0005771 multivesicular body
- GO:0005905 coated pit
- GO:0032593 insulin-responsive compartment
- GO:0042383 sarcolemma
- GO:0045471 response to ethanol
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Rat Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up