CD200 antibody | OX-2
Studies have indicated that the CD200-CD200 ligand system is important in the control of macrophage and granulocyte activation and that this antibody blocks OX-2 mediated T cell costimulation (Ko et al. 2009).
This product is routinely tested by flow cytometry on rat thymocytes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Rat thymocyte membrane glycoproteins.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells from the NS1 mouse myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD200 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA1209||F||0.1 mg|
Application Based External Images
Immunohistology - Frozen
Product Specific References
References for CD200 antibody
Mcmaster, W.R. & Williams, A.F. (1979) Identification of Ia glycoproteins in rat thymus and purification from rat spleen.
Eur J Immunol. 9 (6): 426-33.
Bukovský, A. et al. (1984) Association of some cell surface antigens of lymphoid cells and cell surface differentiation antigens with early rat pregnancy.
Immunology. 52 (4): 631-40.
Barclay, A.N. (1981) Different reticular elements in rat lymphoid tissue identified by localization of Ia, Thy-1 and MRC OX 2 antigens.
Immunology. 44 (4): 727-36.
Webb, M. & Barclay, A.N. (1984) Localisation of the MRC OX-2 glycoprotein on the surfaces of neurones.
J Neurochem. 43 (4): 1061-7.
Matsumoto, H. et al. (2007) Expression of CD200 by macrophage-like cells in ischemic core of rat brain after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion.
Neurosci Lett. 418: 44-8.
Borriello, F. et al. (1997) MRC OX-2 defines a novel T cell costimulatory pathway.
J Immunol. 158 (10): 4548-54.
Dick, A.D. et al. (2001) Distribution of OX2 antigen and OX2 receptor within retina.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 42: 170-6.
Ko, Y.C. et al. (2009) Endothelial CD200 is heterogeneously distributed, regulated and involved in immune cell-endothelium interactions.
J Anat. 214: 183-95.
Preston, S. et al. (1997) The leukocyte/neuron cell surface antigen OX2 binds to a ligand on macrophages.
Eur J Immunol. 27: 1911-8.
Bartolome, M.V. et al. (2002) Transitional expression of OX-2 and GAP-43 glycoproteins in developing rat cochlear nerve fibers.
Histol Histopathol. 17: 83-95.
Tsai, M.H. et al. (2015) CD200 in growing rat lungs: developmental expression and control by dexamethasone.
Cell Tissue Res. 359 (3): 729-42.
Clark, M.J. et al. (1985) MRC OX-2 antigen: a lymphoid/neuronal membrane glycoprotein with a structure like a single immunoglobulin light chain.
EMBO J. 4 (1): 113-8.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra