CD11b antibody | ED7
Mouse anti Rat CD11b antibody, clone ED7 recognizes a membrane antigen on rat macrophages, monocytes, dendritic cells and granulocytes. Like ED8, ED7 recognises small ramified microglia in the central nervous system. No other cell types are positive for ED7, except for the cilia of the bronchus epithelium. The recognised antigen is a heterodimer (~160 and ~95 kDa) belonging to the family of adhesion molecules (CD11b/CD18). ED7 and ED8 may recognise closely related epitopes on the same molecule. ED7 and ED8 have been shown to induce homotypic aggregation of granulocytes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Rat spleen cell homogenate.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse Sp2/0 Ag-14 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD11b antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays 1|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 2||1/500|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- 1This product contains sodium azide, removal by dialysis is recommended prior to use in functional assays. Bio-Rad recommend the use of EQU003 for this purpose.
- 2The epitope recognised by this antibody is reported to be sensitive to formaldehyde fixation and tissue processing. Bio-Rad recommends the use of acetone fixation for frozen sections.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA1209||0.1 mg||F|
Product Specific References
References for CD11b antibody
Damoiseaux, J.G. et al. (1989) Rat bone marrow and monocyte cultures: influence of culture time and lymphokines on the expression of macrophage differentiation antigens.
J Leukoc Biol. 46 (3): 246-53.
Damoiseaux, J.G. et al. (1989) Heterogeneity of macrophages in the rat evidenced by variability in determinants: two new anti-rat macrophage antibodies against a heterodimer of 160 and 95 kd (CD11/CD18).
J Leukoc Biol. 46 (6): 556-64.
DeGroot, C.J. et al. (1988) Discrimination between different types of neuroglial cells in rat central nervous system using combined immuno- and enzyme-histochemical methods.
Immunobiology. 178 (3): 177-90.
Huitinga, I. et al. (1993) Treatment with anti-CR3 antibodies ED7 and ED8 suppresses experimental allergic encephalomyelitis in Lewis rats.
Eur J Immunol. 23 (3): 709-15.
Drasković-pavlović, B. et al. (1999) Differential effects of anti-rat CD11b monoclonal antibodies on granulocyte adhesiveness.
Immunology. 96 (1): 83-9.
Garn, H. et al. (2006) Phenotypical and functional characterization of alveolar macrophage subpopulations in the lungs of NO2-exposed rats.
Respir Res. 7: 4.
Dick, A.D. et al. (2001) Distribution of OX2 antigen and OX2 receptor within retina.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 42 (1): 170-6.
Ramaglia, V. et al. (2007) The membrane attack complex of the complement system is essential for rapid Wallerian degeneration.
J Neurosci. 27 (29): 7663-72.