CD18a antibody | PNK-I
Filter by Application:F Reset
Mouse anti Pig CD18a
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Pig CD18a, clone PNK-I recognizes porcine CD18a. PNK-I was clustered as CD18a at the Second International Workshop to Define Swine Cluster of Differentiation (CD) Antigens (Saalmuller et al. 1998). Clone PNK-I immunoprecipitates proteins of ~166 kDa, ~155 kDa and ~95 kDa under non-reducing conditions, specifically recognizing the 95 kDa protein, consistent with the integrin β2 chain (CD18). PNK-I inhibits porcine NK cell activity independent of any effect on antibody dependent cellular cytotoxicity (Dato and Kim 1990).
CD18 is a single pass type I transmembrane protein and is expressed on all leukocytes and is involved in a variety of cell functions. CD18 acts as a receptor for several ICAM molecules effecting intercellular adhesion functions, it is also involved in the recognition of a variety of extracellular substrate molecules.
CD18 acts as a receptor for a number of leukotoxins produced by fungi and bacteria. Clone PNK-I is able to ameliorate the effects of these leukotoxins by blocking binding of the toxins to the CD18 receptor (Chen et al. 2011).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Camel
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Porcine large granular lymphocytes.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse P3-X63-Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays 1|
- 1This product contains sodium azide, removal by dialysis is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10μl of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100μl
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse IgG1 Negative Control|
References for CD18a antibody
Dato, M.E. & Kim, Y.B. (1990) Characterization and utilization of a monoclonal antibody inhibiting porcine natural killer cell activity for isolation of natural killer and killer cells.
J Immunol. 144 (11): 4452-62.
Haverson, K. et al. (1999) T-cell populations in the pig intestinal lamina propria: memory cells with unusual phenotypic characteristics.
Immunology 96: 66-73.
Vanden Bergh, P.G. et al. (2009) Porcine CD18 mediates Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae ApxIII species-specific toxicity.
Vet Res. 40:1-10.
Chen, Z.W. et al. (2011) Mechanisms underlying Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae exotoxin ApxI induced expression of IL-1β, IL-8 and TNF-α in porcine alveolar macrophages.
Vet Res. 42:25.
Vanden Bergh, P.G. et al. (2008) Probing of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae ApxIIIA toxin-dependent cytotoxicity towards mammalian peripheral blood mononucleated cells.
BMC Res Notes 1:121.
Ebdrup, L. et al. (2008) Dynamic expression of the signal regulatory protein alpha and CD18 on porcine PBMC during acute endotoxaemia.
Scand J Immunol. 68:430-7.
Piriou-Guzylack, L. (2008) Membrane markers of the immune cells in swine: an update.
Vet Res. 39:54.
- Integrin Beta 2 Chain
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0005488 binding
- GO:0008305 integrin complex
- GO:0007160 cell-matrix adhesion
- GO:0007229 integrin-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0007275 multicellular organismal development
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Pig Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up