Tubulin Beta 3 antibody | TU-20
Mouse anti Tubulin Beta 3
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Tubulin Beta 3
|Mouse anti Tubulin beta 3 antibody, clone TU-20 recognizes class III beta-tubulin, restricted to neuronal tissue (Leandro-García 2010; Katsetos 2003).
Mouse anti Tubulin beta 3 antibody, clone TU-20 has been used to investigate tumors of neuronal origin (Jirásek 2002) including neuroblastoma (Prasannan 2000) and ganglioneuroma (Dráberová 1998). Class III beta tubulin is highly expressed in tumors of neuronal origin rather than in non-neuronal tumors (Person 2017).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Baboon Rat Hamster Pig Bovine
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide, ESESQGPK, corresponding to amino acids 441-448 of human class III beta tubulin coupled to Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH).
This sequence is widely conserved across species.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||5||20 ug/ml|
|Western Blotting 2||1||10 ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- 2TU-20 recognizes tubulin beta 3 under reducing conditions
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Neuronal tissue
References for Tubulin Beta 3 antibody
Dráberová, E. et al. (1998) Expression of class III beta-tubulin in normal and neoplastic human tissues.
Histochem Cell Biol. 109 (3): 231-9.
Pěknicová, J. et al. (2001) Differential subcellular distribution of tubulin epitopes in boar spermatozoa: recognition of class III beta-tubulin epitope in sperm tail.
Biol Reprod. 65: 672-9.
Nicot, A. and DiCicco-Bloom, E. (2001) Regulation of neuroblast mitosis is determined by PACAP receptor isoform expression.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 98: 4758-63.
Carey, R.G. et al. (2002) Pituitary adenylate cyclase activating polypeptide anti-mitogenic signaling in cerebral cortical progenitors is regulated by p57Kip2-dependent CDK2 activity.
J Neurosci. 22 (5): 1583-91.
Vedin, V. et al. (2010) Organization of the chemosensory neuroepithelium of the vomeronasal organ of the Scandinavian moose Alces alces..
Brain Res. 1306: 53-61.
Knerlich-Lukoschus, F. et al. (2010) Chemokine expression in the white matter spinal cord precursor niche after force-defined spinal cord contusion injuries in adult rats.
Glia. 58 (8): 916-31.
Huang, C.L. et al. (2010) Expression of ERCC1 and class III β-tubulin is associated with the survival of resected stage III non-small cell lung cancer patients treated with induction chemoradiotherapy using carboplatin-taxane.
Exp Ther Med. 1: 445-51.
Hattermann, K. et al. (2010) The chemokine receptor CXCR7 is highly expressed in human glioma cells and mediates antiapoptotic effects.
Cancer Res. 70: 3299-308.
View The Latest Product References
Zhu, G. et al. (2012) Effects of neurotrophin-3 on the differentiation of neural stem cells into neurons and oligodendrocytes.
Neural Regen Res. 7 (19): 1483-7.
Rosito, M. et al. (2012) CXCL16 Orchestrates Adenosine A3 Receptor and MCP-1/CCL2 Activity to Protect Neurons from Excitotoxic Cell Death in the CNS.
J Neurosci. 32: 3154-63.
Volkov, V.A. et al. (2013) Long tethers provide high-force coupling of the Dam1 ring to shortening microtubules.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 110 (19): 7708-13.
Alexiou, G.A. et al. (2013) Supratentorial ependymomas in children: Analysis of nine cases.
J Pediatr Neurosci. 8 (1): 15-8.
Tarasovetc, E.V. et al. (2021) Permitted and restricted steps of human kinetochore assembly in mitotic cell extracts.
Mol Biol Cell. : mbcE20070461.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003924 GTPase activity
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005525 GTP binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005874 microtubule
- GO:0007018 microtubule-based movement
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0051084 'de novo' posttranslational protein folding
- GO:0051258 protein polymerization
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up