Synaptophysin antibody | SY38
Mouse anti Human synaptophysin antibody, clone SY38 has been used to detect synaptophysin in a number of neuronal and adrenal tumours including, pheochromocytomas, ganglioneuromas (Pace et al. 2002), neuroendocrine tumours of epithelial origin; pancreatic islet cell carcinoma, bronchial and gastrointestinal carcinoids and medullary carcinoma of the thyroid (Wiedenmann et al. 1986).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse Bovine Western grey kangaroo
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synaptophysin presynaptic vesicles.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.05 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0005215 transporter activity
- GO:0015485 cholesterol binding
- GO:0016188 synaptic vesicle maturation
- GO:0019717 synaptosome
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0030285 integral to synaptic vesicle membrane
- GO:0048169 regulation of long-term neuronal synaptic plasticity
- GO:0048172 regulation of short-term neuronal synaptic plasticity
- GO:0048499 synaptic vesicle membrane organization
- For research purposes only
Applications of Synaptophysin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Synaptophysin antibody
Zhang, S. et al. (2009) Bronchial Carcinoid Tumor in a Young Man with Neurofibromatosis. Case Report and Review of the Literature
N A J Med Sci. 2: 17-20.
Thiele, C. et al. (2000) Cholesterol binds to synaptophysin and is required for biogenesis of synaptic vesicles.
Nat Cell Biol. 2: 42-9.
Cavalla, P. and Schiffer, D. (2001) Neuroendocrine tumors in the brain.
Ann Oncol. 12 Suppl 2:S131-4.
Leube, R.E. (1995) The topogenic fate of the polytopic transmembrane proteins, synaptophysin and connexin, is determined by their membrane-spanning domains.
J Cell Sci. 108: 883-94.
Kahle, P.J. et al. (2000) Subcellular localization of wild-type and Parkinson's disease-associated mutant alpha -synuclein in human and transgenic mouse brain.
J Neurosci. 20: 6365-73.
González-Jamett, A.M. et al. (2010) The association of dynamin with synaptophysin regulates quantal size and duration of exocytotic events in chromaffin cells.
J Neurosci. 30: 10683-91.
Kasprzak, A. et al. (2007) Selected markers (chromogranin A, neuron-specific enolase, synaptophysin, protein gene product 9.5) in diagnosis and prognosis of neuroendocrine pulmonary tumours.
Pol J Pathol. 58: 23-33.
Spiwoks-Becker, I. et al. (2001) Synaptic vesicle alterations in rod photoreceptors of synaptophysin-deficient mice.
Neuroscience. 107: 127-42.
Etherington, S. J. et al. (2016) Heterochronic neuromuscular junction development in an Australian marsupial (Macropus fuliginosus)
J Zool. Jun 26 [Epub ahead of print]
Skripuletz, T. et al. (2013) Astrocytes regulate myelin clearance through recruitment of microglia during cuprizone-induced demyelination.
Brain. 136 (Pt 1): 147-67.
Grossi, A.B. et al. (2013) Histologic and immunohistochemical classification of 41 bovine adrenal gland neoplasms.
Vet Pathol. 50 (3): 534-42.
Hassan, R. et al. (2019) The prospective role of mesenchymal stem cells exosomes on circumvallate taste buds in induced Alzheimer's disease of ovariectomized albino rats: (Light and transmission electron microscopic study).
Arch Oral Biol. 110: 104596.
Paasila, P.J. et al. (2021) Ground state depletion microscopy as a tool for studying microglia-synapse interactions.
J Neurosci Res. 99 (6): 1515-32.
Wiedenmann, B. et sal. (1991) Synaptophysin. A widespread constituent of small neuroendocrine vesicles and a new tool in tumor diagnosis.
Acta Oncol. 30: 435-40.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra