Syk antibody | SYK-01
Syk plays an important role in mast cell response, initiated by the aggregation of the IgE high affinity receptor Fc epsilon R1. Phosphorylation of ITAMs within Fc receptor R1 by another tyrosine kinase lyn, results in the recruitment of syk, which is then responsible for the further phosphorylation of numerous target proteins within many different signal transduction pathways.
Syk also plays a major role in B cell receptor-mediated apoptosis, proliferation and haematopoiesis. Syk associates with protein kinase C alpha during platelet activation.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant fragment corresponding to amino acids 5 - 360 of human syk.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004715 non-membrane spanning protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0005178 integrin binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006461 protein complex assembly
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0007229 integrin-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0009887 organ morphogenesis
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030593 neutrophil chemotaxis
- GO:0042101 T cell receptor complex
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- For research purposes only
Applications of Syk antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2383 detects a band of approximately 72kDa in Ramos & RBL cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Syk antibody
Amoui, M. et al. (1997) Direct interaction of Syk and Lyn protein tyrosine kinases in rat basophilic leukemia cells activated via type I Fc epsilon receptors.
Eur. J. Immunol. 27(1): 321-328.
Tolar, P. et al. (1997) Protein tyrosine kinase Syk is involved in Thy-1 signaling in rat basophilic leukemia cells.
Eur. J. Immunol. 27(12): 3389-3397.
Manetz, T.S. et al. (2001) Vav1 regulates phospholipase C gamma activation and calcium responses in mast cells.
Mol. Cell. Biol. 21(11): 3763-3774.
Swann, P.G.et al. (1999) Requirement for a negative charge at Threonine 60 of the FcR gamma for complete activation of Syk.
J. Biol. Chem. 274(33): 23068-23077.
Arudchandran, R.et al. (2000) The src homology 2 domain of Vav is required for its compartmentation to the plasma membrane and activation of c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase 1.
J. Exp. Med. 191(1): 47-59.