Sulfatase 2 antibody | 2B4
Mature human Sulf-2 is a heterodimer consisting of a 50 kDa C-terminal subunit, essential for both glucosamine 6-O-sulfate-endosulfatase and arylsulfatase activity, and a 75 kDa N-terminal subunit which contains the catalytic centre.
Mouse anti Human Sulfatase 2 (C-Terminal) antibody, clone 2B4 recognizes Sulfatase 2, showing no cross-reactivity with Sulfatase 1 in either human or mouse.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide.
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human Sulf-2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0004065 arylsulfatase activity
- GO:0005783 endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0005795 Golgi stack
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0030201 heparan sulfate proteoglycan metabolic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of Sulfatase 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Sulf-2 transfected HEK29 cells or non-small-cell lung carcinoma.
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti Human sulfatase 2 antibody, clone 2B4 detects a major band of ~50kDa in Sulf-2 transfected HEK293 cell lysates. A band at 135kDa (unprocessed protein), and a fragment at 37kDa, may also be present.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Sulfatase 2 antibody
Lemjabbar-Alaoui, H. et al. (2010) Sulf-2, a heparan sulfate endosulfatase, promotes human lung carcinogenesis.
Oncogene. 29 (5): 635-46.
Lui NS et al. (2012) SULF2 expression by immunohistochemistry and overall survival in oesophageal cancer: a cohort study.
BMJ Open. 2 (6): pii: e001624.
Alhasan, S.F. et al. (2016) Sulfatase-2: a prognostic biomarker and candidate therapeutic target in patients with pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma.
Br J Cancer. 115 (7): 797-804.
Phillips, J.J. et al. (2012) Heparan sulfate sulfatase SULF2 regulates PDGFRα signaling and growth in human and mouse malignant glioma.
J Clin Invest. 122 (3): 911-22.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra