RelB antibody | 17.3
Upon cleavage of the NF-kappa-B p105 and p100 subunits into the NF-kappa-B p50 and p52 subunits, RelB forms RelB-p50 and RelB-p52 heterodimers. These dimers act as activators of transcription by binding to kappaB sites present on DNA (Oeckinghaus and Ghosh 2009). RelB-p50 and RelB-p52 binding induces the expression of genes mediating immune responses, inflammation and apoptosis (Jing and Lee 2014).
Misregulation of the NF-kappa-B pathway has been implicated in a variety of disease states including autoimmunity and cancer. As the NF-kappa-B pathway has been demonstrated to be constitutively active in a large group of tumors, developing NF-kappa-B inhibitors has emerged as a new cancer therapy approach (Chaturverdi et al. 2011 and Baud and Karin et al. 2009).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rhesus Monkey Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein derived from C-terminal region of human RelB protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003714 transcription corepressor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006355 regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- For research purposes only
Applications of RelB antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/10||1/50|
|Western Blotting||1 - 2 ug/ml|
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti RelB antibody recognizes a band of approximately 63 kDa in THP-1 cell lysate, Daudi cell lysate, and Raji cell lysate