Podoplanin antibody | 4D5aE5E6
Podoplanin is preferentially expressed on lymphatic and absent on blood endothelium (Breiteneder-Geleff et al. 1999) and therefore Mouse anti Human podoplanin antibody, clone 4D5aE5E6 is readily able to distinguish between lymphatic vessels and blood vasculature. Podoplanin is reported to be a reliable indicator of tumour lymphangiogenesis (Kitano et al. 2010).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- ORF Human podoplanin ectodomain expressed in E.coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000902 cell morphogenesis
- GO:0001946 lymphangiogenesis
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0008360 regulation of cell shape
- GO:0031258 lamellipodium membrane
- GO:0031527 filopodium membrane
- GO:0031528 microvillus membrane
- GO:0032587 ruffle membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of Podoplanin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||0.75ug/ml||2ug/ml|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Normal lung
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Podoplanin antibody
Furtado, G.C. et al. (2007) Lymphotoxin beta receptor signaling is required for inflammatory lymphangiogenesis in the thyroid.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 104 (12): 5026-31.
Pardo, J. et al. (2007) Pseudomesotheliomatous carcinoma of the lung with a distinct morphology, immunohistochemistry, and comparative genomic hybridization profile.
Ann Diagn Pathol. 11 (4): 241-51.
Link, A. et al. (2011) Association of T-zone reticular networks and conduits with ectopic lymphoid tissues in mice and humans.
Am J Pathol. 178 (4): 1662-75.
Gu, Y. et al. (2008) Lymphangiogenesis induced by VEGF-C and VEGF-D promotes metastasis and a poor outcome in breast carcinoma: a retrospective study of 61 cases.
Clin Exp Metastasis. 25 (7): 717-25.
Ra, S.H. et al. (2007) Recurrent hepatic lymphangiomatosis after orthotopic liver transplantation.
Liver Transpl. 13 (11): 1593-7.
Matsui, K. et al. (2003) Lymphatic microvessels in the rat remnant kidney model of renal fibrosis: aminopeptidase p and podoplanin are discriminatory markers for endothelial cells of blood and lymphatic vessels.
J Am Soc Nephrol. 14 (8): 1981-9.
Dadras, S.S. et al. (2003) Tumor lymphangiogenesis: a novel prognostic indicator for cutaneous melanoma metastasis and survival.
Am J Pathol. 162 (6): 1951-60.
Kato, Y. et al. (2003) Molecular identification of Aggrus/T1alpha as a platelet aggregation-inducing factor expressed in colorectal tumors.
J Biol Chem. 278 (51): 51599-605.
Schacht, V. et al. (2003) T1alpha/podoplanin deficiency disrupts normal lymphatic vasculature formation and causes lymphedema.
EMBO J. 22 (14): 3546-56.
Zimmer, G. et al. (1999) Cloning and characterization of gp36, a human mucin-type glycoprotein preferentially expressed in vascular endothelium.
Biochem J. 341 ( Pt 2): 277-84.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra