Parathyroid Hormone antibody | BGN/1F8
Mouse anti Human Parathyroid Hormone
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Parathyroid Hormone
|Mouse anti Human parathyroid hormone monoclonal antibody, clone BGN/1F8 recognizes human parathyroid hormone (PTH) also known as Parathyrin. PTH is a hormone produced by the parathyroid gland responsible for the regulation of calcium and phosphorus concentrations in extracellular fluid (Brown 1983).
Human parathyroid hormone is produced in the parathyroid gland as a 115 amino acid single chain polypeptide, bearing a 25 amino acid signal peptide, a 6 amino acid pro-peptide sequence and an 84 amino acid mature hormone. (Keutmann et al. 1978).
Defects in the PTH gene are a cause of familial isolated hypoparathyroidism (FIH), a condition characterized by hypocalcemia and hyperphosphatemia owing to levels of parathyroid hormone being insufficient to maintain extracellular calcium concentrations within normal parameters. Clinical features of FIH include cramps, seizures and tetany (Arnold et al. 1990). More rarely, hypoparathyroidism like disease, Pseudohypothyroidism (PHP1A) may be caused by mutations in the GNAS gene (Mantovani & Spada 2006) or defects in the PTHR1 gene (Cohen 2002) leading to Jansen metaphyseal chondrodysplasia (JMC), conditions where end organ resistance to PTH function exists .
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 1-34 of mature PTH conjugated to a proprietary carrier molecule
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|ELISA||1/2 000||1/20 000|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
References for Parathyroid Hormone antibody
Nechama, M. et al. (2009) The peptidyl-prolyl isomerase Pin1 determines parathyroid hormone mRNA levels and stability in rat models of secondary hyperparathyroidism.
J Clin Invest. 119: 3102-14.
Meir, T. et al. (2009) Deletion of the vitamin D receptor specifically in the parathyroid demonstrates a limited role for the receptor in parathyroid physiology.
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 297: F1192-8.
Arrighi, I. et al. (2009) Bone healing induced by local delivery of an engineered parathyroid hormone prodrug.
Biomaterials. 30: 1763-71.
Galitzer, H. et al. (2010) Parathyroid cell resistance to fibroblast growth factor 23 in secondary hyperparathyroidism of chronic kidney disease.
Kidney Int. 77: 211-8.
Ferrè, S. et al. (2013) Early Development of Hyperparathyroidism Due to Loss of PTH Transcriptional Repression in Patients With HNF1β Mutations?
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 98: 4089-96.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001501 skeletal system development
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0046058 cAMP metabolic process
- GO:0008628 induction of apoptosis by hormones
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0046326 positive regulation of glucose import
- GO:0030819 positive regulation of cAMP biosynthetic process
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0034645 cellular macromolecule biosynthetic process
- GO:0045453 bone resorption
- GO:0045725 positive regulation of glycogen biosynthetic process
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up