PAPP-A antibody | 10E1
Mouse anti Human PAPP-A
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human PAPP-A antibody, clone 10E1 recognizes human pregnancy-associated plasma protein A, or PAPP-A, a metalloprotease specific for insulin-like growth factor binding protein-4 and -5 (IGFBP4 and IGFBP5). PAPP-A was initially identified as a high-molecular mass component in human pregnancy serum. In pregnancy serum PAPP-A exists in a disulfide bound heterotetrameric complex consisting of two ~200 kDa PAPP-A subunits and two ~50-90 kDa subunits of the proform of eosinophil major basic protein (proMBP). The concentration of PAPP-A in serum increases with gestational age, however, in Down’s syndrome pregnancies PAPP-A concentration is markedly reduced in the first trimester. As such, PAPP-A is widely used as an early marker for Down’s syndrome.
PAPP-A has also been shown to exist in a homodimeric, 400 kDa form in unstable atherosclerotic plaques. Increased circulating concentrations of this dimeric PAPP-A are associated with acute coronary syndromes.
Mouse anti Human PAPP-A antibody, clone 10E1 recognizes both the heterotetrameric complex (PAPP-A associated with proMBP) and the homodimeric complex of PAPP-A.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human PAPP-A/proMBP complex.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- PREGNANCY-ASSOCIATED Plasma Protein A
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0007565 female pregnancy
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030154 cell differentiation
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up