p21/WAF1 antibody | WA-1
Mouse anti Human p21/WAF1 antibody, clone WA-1 detects a band of approximately 21 kDa in MCF-7 cell lysates following UV radiation by western blotting.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Human p21 protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000080 G1 phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000084 S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000086 G2/M transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000307 cyclin-dependent protein kinase holoenzyme complex
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004861 cyclin-dependent protein kinase inhibitor activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006977 DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator resulting in cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0010670 positive regulation of oxygen and reactive oxygen species metabolic process
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0031668 cellular response to extracellular stimulus
- GO:0048146 positive regulation of fibroblast proliferation
- GO:0070557 PCNA-p21 complex
- GO:0071479 cellular response to ionizing radiation
- GO:0090400 stress-induced premature senescence
- For research purposes only
Applications of p21/WAF1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for p21/WAF1 antibody
Horký, M. et al. (1997) Induction of cell-cycle inhibitor p21 in rat ventricular myocytes during early postnatal transition from hyperplasia to hypertrophy.
Physiol Res. 46 (3): 233-5.
Kolár, Z. et al. (2000) Relation of Bcl-2 expression to androgen receptor, p21WAF1/CIP1, and cyclin D1 status in prostate cancer.
Mol Pathol. 53 (1): 15-8.
Khanna, S.J. et al. (2001) v-Abl protein-tyrosine kinase up-regulates p21WAF-1 in cell cycle arrested and proliferating myeloid cells.
J Biol Chem. 276 (14): 11143-50.
Scott, M.T. et al. (2002) PDK1-dependent activation of atypical PKC leads to degradation of the p21 tumour modifier protein.
EMBO J. 21 (24): 6771-80.
Blaydes, J.P. et al. (2001) Stoichiometric phosphorylation of human p53 at Ser315 stimulates p53-dependent transcription.
J Biol Chem. 276 (7): 4699-708.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra