Osteocalcin antibody | 2D4
Mouse anti Human osteocalcin antibody, clone 2D4 recognizes human osteocalcin, also known as bone gla protein or Gamma-carboxyglutamic acid-containing protein. Osteocalcin is a 49 amino acid ~5 kDa calcium-binding bone protein comprising ~1-2% total bone protein mass. Osteocalcin also has an additional 28 amino acid propeptide region along with a 23 amino acid signal peptide region.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein corresponding to aa 52-100 of human osteocalcin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells from the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P02818 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- BGLAP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0008147 structural constituent of bone
- GO:0030282 bone mineralization
- GO:0030500 regulation of bone mineralization
- GO:0042476 odontogenesis
- GO:0045124 regulation of bone resorption
- GO:0045670 regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0046848 hydroxyapatite binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of Osteocalcin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Osteocalcin antibody
Kover, K. et al. (2011) Bone marrow cavity: a supportive environment for islet engraftment.
Islets. 3: 93-101.
Oliveira, M.B.et al. (2016) Autonomous osteogenic differentiation of hASCs encapsulated in methacrylated gellan-gum hydrogels
Acta Biomaterialia. May 24[Epub ahead of print]
Mizoshiri, N. et al. (2015) Transduction of Oct6 or Oct9 gene concomitant with Myc family gene induced osteoblast-like phenotypic conversion in normal human fibroblasts.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 467 (4): 1110-6.