Nestin antibody | 10C2
Mouse anti Human Nestin antibody, clone 10C2 recognizes nestin, a large intermediate filament protein originally identified by (Hockfield and McKay 1985). Nestin is predominately expressed in stem cells of the developing nervous system. Terminal differentiation is associated with a loss of nestin expression. Nestin expression has also been noted in other embryonic tissues, also in most Glioblastoma multiformes and many melanomas
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat Cynomolgus monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P48681 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- NES Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005882 intermediate filament
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0007420 brain development
- GO:0019215 intermediate filament binding
- GO:0030844 positive regulation of intermediate filament depolymerization
- GO:0031076 embryonic camera-type eye development
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:2000179 positive regulation of neural precursor cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Nestin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/50||1/200|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Suggested positive control: WI-38 (ATCC# CCL75) or U251 cell lysate.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Nestin antibody
Hockfield, S. & McKay, R.D. (1985) Identification of major cell classes in the developing mammalian nervous system.
J Neurosci. 5 (12): 3310-28.
Martínez-Navarrete, G.C. et al. (2008) Gradual morphogenesis of retinal neurons in the peripheral retinal margin of adult monkeys and humans
J Comp Neurol. 511: 557-80.
González-Garza, M.T. et al. (2013) Differentiation of CD133+ stem cells from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients into preneuron cells.
Stem Cells Transl Med. 2 (2): 129-35.
Aljammal, K. (2015) Combined Expression of Nestin and SPARC Identifies In Situ Tumor Cells in Astrocytic Tumors of all Grades
J Cytol Histol. 6:313.
Sterlacci, W. et al. (2014) Putative stem cell markers in non-small-cell lung cancer: a clinicopathologic characterization.
J Thorac Oncol. 9 (1): 41-9.
Nowak, A. et al. (2017) Nestin-positive microvessel density is an independent prognostic factor in breast cancer.
Int J Oncol. Jun 26. [Epub ahead of print]
Arranz, L. et al. (2014) Neuropathy of haematopoietic stem cell niche is essential for myeloproliferative neoplasms.
Nature. 512 (7512): 78-81.
Del Toro, R. et al. (2016) Nestin(+) cells direct inflammatory cell migration in atherosclerosis.
Nat Commun. 7: 12706.