Nestin antibody | 10C2
Filter by Application:C P Reset
|Mouse anti Human Nestin antibody, clone 10C2 recognizes nestin, a large intermediate filament protein originally identified by (Hockfield and McKay 1985). Nestin is predominately expressed in stem cells of the developing nervous system. Terminal differentiation is associated with a loss of nestin expression. Nestin expression has also been noted in other embryonic tissues, also in most Glioblastoma multiformes and many melanomas|
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat Cynomolgus monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antibody purified from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/50||1/200|
- Western Blotting
- Suggested positive control: WI-38 or U251 cell lysate.
References for Nestin antibody
Hockfield, S. & McKay, R.D. (1985) Identification of major cell classes in the developing mammalian nervous system.
J Neurosci. 5 (12): 3310-28.
Martínez-Navarrete, G.C. et al. (2008) Gradual morphogenesis of retinal neurons in the peripheral retinal margin of adult monkeys and humans
J Comp Neurol. 511: 557-80.
González-Garza, M.T. et al. (2013) Differentiation of CD133+ stem cells from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients into preneuron cells.
Stem Cells Transl Med. 2 (2): 129-35.
Aljammal, K. (2015) Combined Expression of Nestin and SPARC Identifies In Situ Tumor Cells in Astrocytic Tumors of all Grades
J Cytol Histol. 6:313.
Sterlacci, W. et al. (2014) Putative stem cell markers in non-small-cell lung cancer: a clinicopathologic characterization.
J Thorac Oncol. 9 (1): 41-9.
Nowak, A. et al. (2017) Nestin-positive microvessel density is an independent prognostic factor in breast cancer.
Int J Oncol. Jun 26. [Epub ahead of print]
Arranz, L. et al. (2014) Neuropathy of haematopoietic stem cell niche is essential for myeloproliferative neoplasms.
Nature. 512 (7512): 78-81.
Del Toro, R. et al. (2016) Nestin(+) cells direct inflammatory cell migration in atherosclerosis.
Nat Commun. 7: 12706.
View The Latest Product References
Forte, D. et al. (2020) Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells Support Acute Myeloid Leukemia Bioenergetics and Enhance Antioxidant Defense and Escape from Chemotherapy.
Cell Metab. 32 (5): 829-843.e9.
Tampakis, A. et al. (2021) Nestin and CD34 expression in colorectal cancer predicts improved overall survival.
Acta Oncol. 60 (6): 727-34.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005882 intermediate filament
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0007420 brain development
- GO:0019215 intermediate filament binding
- GO:0030844 positive regulation of intermediate filament depolymerization
- GO:0031076 embryonic camera-type eye development
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:2000179 positive regulation of neural precursor cell proliferation
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up