MMP-1 antibody | F08-2F1
Filter by Application:E Reset
Mouse anti Human MMP-1
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human MMP-1 antibody, clone F08-2F1, recognizes matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1), also known as interstitial collagenase and fibroblast collagenase. MMP-1 is a 45 kDa protein in its active form and is a member of the metzincins superfamily of proteases. It is produced by various cells and tissues including the endothelium, fibroblasts, smooth muscle cells, vascular adventitia and platelets (Cui et al. 2017).
MMP-1 is largely expressed by connective and vascular tissues and cells due to its roles in extracellular matrix remodeling. It is synthesized as a pre-proenzyme before being processed to remove the signal peptide forming the pro-MMP-1. This is then further cleaved by proteolytic enzymes to create the active form. Like other MMP’s, MMP-1 plays a major role in tissue remodeling through the promotion of extracellular matrix (ECM) protein turnover. Specifically MMP-1 degrades the collagen proteins type I, II, III, VII, VIII, X and gelatin. It is also able to target other ECM substrates including aggrecan, nidogen and perlecan (Cui et al. 2017).
MMP1 expression levels are low in most cells under physiological conditions, but are upregulated during inflammatory conditions and autoimmune diseases (Mittal et al. 2016). For example a single nucleotide polymorphism of MMP-1 at the promoter region has been associated with an increased risk of sudden deafness linked to circulatory disturbance and inflammation (Nam et al. 2011).
The purified Mouse anti Human MMP-1 antibody, clone F08-2F1 (MCA6254GA) can be used as a capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA with the biotinylated Mouse anti Human MMP-1 antibody, clone F09-3C7 (MCA6255B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- E. coli derived recombinant human partial length of MMP-1 (Phe100-Thr274)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Cell fusion between immunized BALB/c mouse spleen cells and mouse myeloma SP2/0
- ELISA Matched Pair(s)
- ELISA Matched Pair-Detection Antibody: MCA6255B
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Interstitial Collagenase
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up