MCM5 antibody | CRCT5.1
Immunocytochemical assessment of Mcm5 expression may be of value in improving the accuracy of cervical smear testing for the detection of malignancy (Murphy et al. 2004).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Bacterially expressed human Mcm5.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised CBI/CFI mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P33992 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MCM5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000075 cell cycle checkpoint
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000084 S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000216 M/G1 transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006270 DNA-dependent DNA replication initiation
- GO:0006271 DNA strand elongation involved in DNA replication
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- For research purposes only
Applications of MCM5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50 Pack Size: 20 µg
1/25 Pack Size: 0.1 mg
|1/ 1000 Pack Size: 20 µg
1/100 Pack Size: 0.1 mg
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Tonsil / Cervical Carcinoma
Secondary Antibodies Available
Application Based External Images
Immunohistology - Frozen
Immunohistology - Paraffin
Product Specific References
References for MCM5 antibody
Dart, D.A. et al. (2004) Recruitment of the cell cycle checkpoint kinase ATR to chromatin during S-phase.
J Biol Chem. 279: 16433-40.
Adams, K.E. et al. (2006) Recruitment of ATR to sites of ionising radiation-induced DNA damage requires ATM and components of the MRN protein complex.
Oncogene. 25: 3894–904.
Gakiopoulou, H. et al. (2007) Minichromosome maintenance proteins 2 and 5 in non-benign epithelial ovarian tumours: relationship with cell cycle regulators and prognostic implications.
British Journal of Cancer 97: 1124–34.
Guida, T. et al. (2005) Mitogenic effects of the up-regulation of minichromosome maintenance proteins in anaplastic thyroid carcinoma.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 90: 4703-9.
Polo, S.E. et al. (2010) Clinical significance and prognostic value of chromatin assembly factor-1 overexpression in human solid tumours.
Histopathology. 57: 716-24.
Williams, G.H. et al. (1998) Improved cervical smear assessment using antibodies against proteins that regulate DNA replication.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 95 (25): 14932-7.