LOX-1 antibody | LOX19-22
Mouse anti Human LOX-1 (Soluble) antibody, clone LOX19-22 recognizes the lectin-like oxidised low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor (LOX-1), a 31kDa protein of the C-type lectin superfamily. This receptor mediates the recognition, internalisation and degradation of oxidised LDL. It is a Type II membrane protein with a typical C-type lectin structure at the extracellular C-terminus which recognizes the ligand. LOX-1 activation by oxidised LDL causes endothelial changes such as decreased nitric oxide release and an increased expression of adhesion molecules. LOX-1 also binds activated platelets and apoptotic cells. The expression of LOX-1 is induced by proatherogenic conditions such as hyperlipidemia, hypertension and diabetes and as such appears to contribute to the pathogenesis of vascular disorders, particularly atherosclerosis. It can be cleaved by an unknown protease at the extracellular juxtamembrane region to release the soluble form (aa58-273) of LOX-1, recognized by Mouse anti Human LOX-1 (Soluble) antibody, clone LOX19-22.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant soluble LOX-1 expressed in E.coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P78380 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- OLR1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005529 sugar binding
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0008015 blood circulation
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- For research purposes only
Applications of LOX-1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)