Mouse anti Human LOX-1 (Soluble) antibody, clone LOX19-22 recognizes the lectin-like oxidised low-density lipoprotein (LDL) receptor (LOX-1), a 31kDa protein of the C-type lectin superfamily. This receptor mediates the recognition, internalisation and degradation of oxidised LDL. It is a Type II membrane protein with a typical C-type lectin structure at the extracellular C-terminus which recognizes the ligand. LOX-1 activation by oxidised LDL causes endothelial changes such as decreased nitric oxide release and an increased expression of adhesion molecules. LOX-1 also binds activated platelets and apoptotic cells. The expression of LOX-1 is induced by proatherogenic conditions such as hyperlipidemia, hypertension and diabetes and as such appears to contribute to the pathogenesis of vascular disorders, particularly atherosclerosis. It can be cleaved by an unknown protease at the extracellular juxtamembrane region to release the soluble form (aa58-273) of LOX-1, recognized by Mouse anti Human LOX-1 (Soluble) antibody, clone LOX19-22.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant soluble LOX-1 expressed in E.coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of LOX-1 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra