Mouse anti Human Lactoferrin antibody, clone 2B8 recognizes human lactoferrin, a ~80 kDa globular iron binding glycoprotein found in body secretions such as milk and saliva and is a member of the transferrin family proteins. Transferrins control the level of free iron in the body, by binding and transporting iron. Lactoferrin does not appear to have a transporting function, instead it has antimicrobial activity, by keeping the levels of iron in body fluids low and thus preventing microbes from acquiring iron. Removing free iron from body fluids and inflamed areas also serve to protect against the damaging effects of free radicals.Lactoferrin is used as a therapeutic and prophylactic treatment of various illnesses, such as cancers and intestinal illnesses.
Mouse anti Human Lactoferrin antibody, clone 2B8 does not cross-react with human transferrins or other serum proteins.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified Lactoferrin from human milk.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Lactoferrin antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- MCA2763 detects a band of approximately 77kDa in immunoblots of whole serum proteins.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Product Specific References
References for Lactoferrin antibody
Naegelen I et al. (2014) An essential role of syntaxin 3 protein for granule exocytosis and secretion of IL-1α, IL-1β, IL-12b, and CCL4 from differentiated HL-60 cells.
J Leukoc Biol. pii: jlb.3A0514-254RR.
Shiga Y et al. (2015) Recombinant human lactoferrin-Fc fusion with an improved plasma half-life.
Eur J Pharm Sci. 67: 136-43.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra