Mouse anti Human JARID1B antibody, clone 1G10 recognizes human Lysine-specific demethylase 5B, also known as JARID1B, Cancer/testis antigen 31, Histone demethylase JARID1B, PLU-1, Retinoblastoma-binding protein 2 homolog 1 or Jumonji/ARID domain-containing protein 1B. JARID1B is a 1544 amino acid ~180 kDa ubiquitously expressed histone demethylase.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein corresponding to aa 231-320 of human JARID1B
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Ig concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells from the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
transcription corepressor activity
zinc ion binding
oxidoreductase activity, acting on single donors with incorporation of molecular oxygen, incorporation of two atoms of oxygen
histone demethylase activity (H3-trimethyl-K4 specific)
histone demethylase activity (H3-dimethyl-K4 specific)
negative regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of JARID1B antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for JARID1B antibody
Xiang, Y. et al. (2007) JARID1B is a histone H3 lysine 4 demethylase up-regulated in prostate cancer.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 104: 19226-31.