Inhibin Alpha antibody | R1
Inhibin alpha is expressed in a range of tissues including the endometrium (Mylonas et al, 2004), brain (Uccella et al, 2000), adrenal gland (McCluggage et al, 1998), testis (Bergh and Cajander, 1990) and ovary (Cuevas et al, 1987, Yamoto et al, 1992). The antibody may be of value in the differentiation of adrenocortical tumours, placental and gestational trophoblastic lesions, and sex cord stromal tumours (McCluggage, 2001).
In western blotting of bovine follicular fluid, bands at 20, 44 and 57 kDa were reported under reducing conditions using clone R1 (Groome et al, 1991).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Sheep
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Pack Size: 0.2 ml0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)Pack Size: 2 ml0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide comprised of amino acids 1-32 of human inhibin alpha.
- Pack Size: 0.2 mlStore at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.Pack Size: 2 mlStore at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P05111 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- INHA Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001501 skeletal system development
- GO:0001541 ovarian follicle development
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007166 cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0007399 nervous system development
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0009605 response to external stimulus
- GO:0046881 positive regulation of follicle-stimulating hormone secretion
- GO:0046882 negative regulation of follicle-stimulating hormone secretion
- GO:0030218 erythrocyte differentiation
- GO:0034673 inhibin-betaglycan-ActRII complex
- GO:0042127 regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0042326 negative regulation of phosphorylation
- GO:0042541 hemoglobin biosynthetic process
- GO:0043512 inhibin A complex
- GO:0045077 negative regulation of interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
- GO:0045578 negative regulation of B cell differentiation
- GO:0045650 negative regulation of macrophage differentiation
- For research purposes only
Applications of Inhibin Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||Neat||1/100|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||Neat||1/100|
- 1 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Normal human ovary/testis
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Groome N et al. (1990) Monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies reactive with the 1-32 amino terminal sequence of the alpha subunit of human 32K inhibin.
Hybridoma. 9 (1): 31-42.
References for Inhibin Alpha antibody
Groome, N. & Lawrence, M. (1991) Preparation of monoclonal antibodies to the beta A subunit of ovarian inhibin using a synthetic peptide immunogen.
Hybridoma. 10 (2): 309-16.
Arora, D.S. et al. (1997) Immunohistochemical expression of inhibin/activin subunits in epithelial and granulosa cell tumours of the ovary.
J Pathol. 181 (4): 413-8.
Mylonas, I. et al. (2009) Inhibin-alpha subunit is an independent prognostic parameter in human endometrial carcinomas: analysis of inhibin/activin-alpha, -betaA and -betaB subunits in 302 cases.
Eur J Cancer. 45 (7): 1304-14.
Schraith, D.F. et al. (2003) Alpha-inhibin immunoreactivity in soft-tissue neoplasia.
Mod Pathol. 16 (12): 1205-9.
Akiyama, T. et al. (2009) Pancreatic serous microcystic adenoma with extensive oncocytic change.
Pathol Int. 59 (2): 102-6.
Choi, Y.L. et al. (2000) Immunoexpression of inhibin alpha subunit, inhibin/activin betaA subunit and CD99 in ovarian tumors.
Arch Pathol Lab Med. 124 (4): 563-9.
Hayashi, K. et al. (2003) The activin-follistatin system in the neonatal ovine uterus.
Biol Reprod. 69 (3): 843-50.
Karlberg, S. et al. (2011) Testicular failure and male infertility in the monogenic Mulibrey nanism disorder.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 96 (11): 3399-407.
Vanmontfort, D. et al. (1998) cDNA sequence analysis, gene expression and protein localisation of the inhibin alpha-subunit of Australian brushtail possum (Trichosurus vulpecula).
J Mol Endocrinol. 21 (2): 141-52.
Katoh, T. et al. (2012) Estrogen-producing endometrioid adenocarcinoma resembling sex cord-stromal tumor of the ovary: a review of four postmenopausal cases.
Diagn Pathol. 7: 164.
Biancani, B. et al. (2010) Ovarian interstitial cell tumor in a South American sea lion (Otaria flavescens).
J Wildl Dis. 46: 1012-6.
Marino, F.E. et al. (2014) The inhibin/activin signalling pathway in human gonadal and adrenal cancers.
Mol Hum Reprod. 20 (12): 1223-37.
Wang Y et al. (2016) Follicle Depletion Provides A Permissive Environment for Ovarian Carcinogenesis.
Mol Cell Biol. Jun 27. pii: MCB.00202-16. [Epub ahead of print]
Canadas A. et al. (2016) Multiple Cutaneous Metastasis of a Malignant Leydig Cell Tumour in a Dog
Journal of Comparative Pathology. Jul 5 [Epub ahead of print]
Bae, G.E. et al. (2016) Placenta percreta with small bowel invasion: unusual presentation of abnormal placental adherence
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 9(7):7237-43
Liang, L. et al. (2016) Renal cell carcinoma metastatic to the ovary or fallopian tube: a clinicopathological study of 9 cases.
Hum Pathol. 51: 96-102.
Stewart CJ et al. (2016) SF1 immunohistochemistry is useful in differentiating uterine tumours resembling sex cord-stromal tumours from potential histological mimics.
Pathology. 48 (5): 434-40.
Paulini, F. et al. (2016) Survival and growth of human preantral follicles after cryopreservation of ovarian tissue, follicle isolation and short-term xenografting.
Reprod Biomed Online. May 13. pii: S1472-6483(16)30294-2. [Epub ahead of print]
Lai, J.P. et al. (2015) Isolated Large Cell Calcifying Sertoli Cell Tumor in a Young Boy, not Associated with Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome or Carney Complex.
Ann Clin Lab Res. 3 (1): 2.
Strehl, J.D. et al. (2015) Pattern of SMARCB1 (INI1) and SMARCA4 (BRG1) in poorly differentiated endometrioid adenocarcinoma of the uterus: analysis of a series with emphasis on a novel SMARCA4-deficient dedifferentiated rhabdoid variant.
Ann Diagn Pathol. 19 (4): 198-202.
Solomon LW & Velez I (2016) S-100 Negative Granular Cell Tumor of the Oral Cavity.
Head Neck Pathol. 10 (3): 367-73.
Evron, S. et al. (2007) Activin betaA in term placenta and its correlation with placental inflammation in parturients having epidural or systemic meperidine analgesia: a randomized study.
J Clin Anesth. 19 (3): 168-74.
An, S. et al. (2015) Granular cell tumor of the gastrointestinal tract: histologic and immunohistochemical analysis of 98 cases.
Hum Pathol. 46 (6): 813-9.
Bae, G.E. et al. (2016) Placenta percreta with small bowel invasion: unusual presentation of abnormal placental adherence.
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 9 (7):7237-43.
Wakayama, A. et al. (2017) Recurrent female adnexal tumor of probable Wolffian origin treated with debulking surgery, imatinib and paclitaxel/carboplatin combination chemotherapy: A case report.
Oncology Letters. Mar 17 [Epub ahead of print]
Rekhi, B. et al. (2012) Alveolar soft part sarcoma 'revisited': clinicopathological review of 47 cases from a tertiary cancer referral centre, including immunohistochemical expression of TFE3 in 22 cases and 21 other tumours.
Pathology. 44 (1): 11-7.
Polinas, M. et al. (2016) Co-occurrence of a metastatic mammary liposarcoma and an ovarian sex-cord stromal tumor in a dog.
Res Vet Sci. 109: 157-60.