Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase antibody | 10.1
Mouse anti Human Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase antibody, clone 10.1 recognizes Indoleamine-pyrrole 2,3 - dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme responsible for the catabolism of tryptophan to N-formylkynurenine and kynurenine. With the exception of tryptophan oxidase in hepatocytes, IDO is the only enzyme that degrades the amino acid tryptophan to kynurenine. Chlamydial pathogens require tryptophan for growth. IDO can lower available tryptophan in target cells leading to conversion of the pathogen to persistant forms, with significance in the progression to chronic infection with its associated pathological effects.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Peptide corresponding to amino acids 78-184 of human IDO fused to GST.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P14902 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IDO1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004833 tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase activity
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006569 tryptophan catabolic process
- GO:0007565 female pregnancy
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0033754 indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- OBT2037G recognizes a 45kDa band in IFN-gamma treated human cell lines. This antibody recognizes a slightly lower molecular weight band in Mouse IDO compared to its human counterpart.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase antibody
Muller, A.J. et al. (2005) Inhibition of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase, an immunoregulatory target of the cancer suppression gene Bin1, potentiates cancer chemotherapy.
Nat Med. 11 (3): 312-9.
Sakash, J.B. et al. (2002) Cytokines induce indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase expression in human atheroma-asociated cells: implications for persistent Chlamydophila pneumoniae infection.
Infect Immun. 70 (7): 3959-61.