Mouse anti Human Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase antibody, clone 10.1 recognizes Indoleamine-pyrrole 2,3 - dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme responsible for the catabolism of tryptophan to N-formylkynurenine and kynurenine. With the exception of tryptophan oxidase in hepatocytes, IDO is the only enzyme that degrades the amino acid tryptophan to kynurenine. Chlamydial pathogens require tryptophan for growth. IDO can lower available tryptophan in target cells leading to conversion of the pathogen to persistant forms, with significance in the progression to chronic infection with its associated pathological effects.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Peptide corresponding to amino acids 78-184 of human IDO fused to GST.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
electron carrier activity
tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase activity
tryptophan catabolic process
indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- OBT2037G recognizes a 45kDa band in IFN-gamma treated human cell lines. This antibody recognizes a slightly lower molecular weight band in Mouse IDO compared to its human counterpart.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase antibody
Muller, A.J. et al. (2005) Inhibition of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase, an immunoregulatory target of the cancer suppression gene Bin1, potentiates cancer chemotherapy.
Nat Med. 11 (3): 312-9.
Sakash, J.B. et al. (2002) Cytokines induce indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase expression in human atheroma-asociated cells: implications for persistent Chlamydophila pneumoniae infection.
Infect Immun. 70 (7): 3959-61.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra