IL-6 antibody | B-E8
Mouse anti Human Interleukin-6 antibody, clone B-E8 recognizes human interleukin-6 (IL-6), a cytokine and potent inducer of the immune acute phase response.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant full-length human IL-6 expressed in E. coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse X63 Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P05231 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001781 neutrophil apoptosis
- GO:0002384 hepatic immune response
- GO:0002446 neutrophil mediated immunity
- GO:0002548 monocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0002675 positive regulation of acute inflammatory response
- GO:0002690 positive regulation of leukocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005896 interleukin-6 receptor complex
- GO:0006959 humoral immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0050830 defense response to Gram-positive bacterium
- GO:0050829 defense response to Gram-negative bacterium
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010574 regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor production
- GO:0010888 negative regulation of lipid storage
- GO:0045727 positive regulation of translation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0031175 neuron projection development
- GO:0032494 response to peptidoglycan
- GO:0032722 positive regulation of chemokine production
- GO:0032755 positive regulation of interleukin-6 production
- GO:0032966 negative regulation of collagen biosynthetic process
- GO:0033138 positive regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0042102 positive regulation of T cell proliferation
- GO:0042517 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043193 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0043410 positive regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0045079 negative regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045599 negative regulation of fat cell differentiation
- GO:0045669 positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0045765 regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0045768 positive regulation of anti-apoptosis
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0050871 positive regulation of B cell activation
- GO:0051024 positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- GO:0051091 positive regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0051384 response to glucocorticoid stimulus
- GO:0051607 defense response to virus
- GO:0070091 glucagon secretion
- GO:0070102 interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-6 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays 1||20pg neutralizes activity of 1U of IL-6|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 2|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- 1 This product contains sodium azide, removal by dialysis is recommended prior to use in functional assays. Bio-Rad recommend the use of EQU003 for this purpose.
- 2The epitope recognised by this antibody is reported to be sensitive to formaldehyde fixation and tissue processing. Bio-Rad recommends the use of acetone fixation for frozen sections.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for IL-6 antibody
Lu, Z.Y. et al. (1993) Overall interleukin-6 production exceeds 7 mg/day in multiple myeloma complicated by sepsis.
Cytokine 5: 578-582.
Wijdenes, J. et al. (1991) Human recombinant dimeric IL-6 binds to its receptor as detected by anti IL-6 monoclonal antibodies.
Mol. Immunol. 28: 1183 - 1192.
Dechaud, H. et al. (1998) Evaluation of endometrial inflammation by quantification of macrophages, T lymphocytes and interleukin-1 and -6 in human endometrium.
J. Assist. Reprod. Genet.15: 612 - 618.
Kimoff, R.J. et al. (2011) Increased upper airway cytokines and oxidative stress in severe obstructive sleep apnoea.
Eur Respir J. 38: 89-97.
Przemioslo, R.T. et al. (1994) Raised pro-inflammatory cytokines interleukin 6 and tumour necrosis factor alpha in coeliac disease mucosa detected by immunohistochemistry.
Gut. 35: 1398-403.
Srivani, R. et al. (2003) Molecular logistics of cytokines in cervical cancer.
Current Science. 84: 434-438.