IL-6 antibody | B-E8
|Mouse anti Human Interleukin-6 antibody, clone B-E8 recognizes human interleukin-6 (IL-6), a cytokine and potent inducer of the immune acute phase response.|
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant full-length human IL-6 expressed in E. coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse X63 Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays 1||20pg neutralizes activity of 1U of IL-6|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 2|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- 1 This product contains sodium azide, removal by dialysis is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- 2The epitope recognised by this antibody is reported to be sensitive to formaldehyde fixation and tissue processing. Bio-Rad recommends the use of acetone fixation for frozen sections.
References for IL-6 antibody
Lu, Z.Y. et al. (1993) Overall interleukin-6 production exceeds 7 mg/day in multiple myeloma complicated by sepsis.
Cytokine 5: 578-582.
Wijdenes, J. et al. (1991) Human recombinant dimeric IL-6 binds to its receptor as detected by anti IL-6 monoclonal antibodies.
Mol. Immunol. 28: 1183 - 1192.
Dechaud, H. et al. (1998) Evaluation of endometrial inflammation by quantification of macrophages, T lymphocytes and interleukin-1 and -6 in human endometrium.
J. Assist. Reprod. Genet.15: 612 - 618.
Kimoff, R.J. et al. (2011) Increased upper airway cytokines and oxidative stress in severe obstructive sleep apnoea.
Eur Respir J. 38: 89-97.
Przemioslo, R.T. et al. (1994) Raised pro-inflammatory cytokines interleukin 6 and tumour necrosis factor alpha in coeliac disease mucosa detected by immunohistochemistry.
Gut. 35: 1398-403.
Srivani, R. et al. (2003) Molecular logistics of cytokines in cervical cancer.
Current Science. 84: 434-438.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001781 neutrophil apoptosis
- GO:0002384 hepatic immune response
- GO:0002446 neutrophil mediated immunity
- GO:0002548 monocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0002675 positive regulation of acute inflammatory response
- GO:0002690 positive regulation of leukocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005896 interleukin-6 receptor complex
- GO:0006959 humoral immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0050830 defense response to Gram-positive bacterium
- GO:0050829 defense response to Gram-negative bacterium
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0010574 regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor production
- GO:0010888 negative regulation of lipid storage
- GO:0045727 positive regulation of translation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- GO:0031175 neuron projection development
- GO:0032494 response to peptidoglycan
- GO:0032722 positive regulation of chemokine production
- GO:0032755 positive regulation of interleukin-6 production
- GO:0032966 negative regulation of collagen biosynthetic process
- GO:0033138 positive regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0042102 positive regulation of T cell proliferation
- GO:0042517 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043193 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
- GO:0043410 positive regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0045079 negative regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
- GO:0045599 negative regulation of fat cell differentiation
- GO:0045669 positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0045765 regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0045768 positive regulation of anti-apoptosis
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0050871 positive regulation of B cell activation
- GO:0051024 positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- GO:0051091 positive regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0051384 response to glucocorticoid stimulus
- GO:0051607 defense response to virus
- GO:0070091 glucagon secretion
- GO:0070102 interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up