Mouse anti Human High Mobility Group Protein B1 antibody, clone 1E6-E10 recognizes human high mobility group protein B1 (HMGB1). HMGB1 belongs to a family of proteins involved in chromatin organisation and DNA structuring. During inflammation HMGB1 is actively secreted by macrophages and functions as a cytokine.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant protein with a GST tag corresponding to amino acids 1 - 216 of human HMGB1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from BALB/c mice were fused with cells from the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
myeloid dendritic cell activation
dendritic cell chemotaxis
inflammatory response to antigenic stimulus
damaged DNA binding
double-stranded DNA binding
single-stranded DNA binding
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
DNA topological change
base-excision repair, DNA ligation
DNA fragmentation involved in apoptotic nuclear change
DNA bending activity
negative regulation of RNA polymerase II transcriptional preinitiation complex assembly
neuron projection development
positive regulation of apoptosis
positive regulation of caspase activity
positive regulation of DNA binding
innate immune response
positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
RAGE receptor binding
repressing transcription factor binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of High Mobility Group Protein B1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 2
- 1This product requires fixation of cells for 15 minutes.
4 % paraformaldehyde solution (NaOH in PBS) pH 7.4 is recommended for this purpose.
- 2This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available