hCG antibody | P1G7F12 (BIO-BCG-005)
Minimal cross-reactivity (0.5%) has been observed with the intact hCG molecule and negligible reactivity has been shown with the human luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH).
Human chorionic gonadotropin exists in 5 different variants (hCG, sulfated hCG, hyperglycosylated hCG, free beta hCG and hyperglycosylated free beta) that share the same amino acid sequence but have different functions (Cole 2012). hCG is a glycoprotein of 237 amino acids. Regular hCG has a molecular mass of ~36 kDa where oligosaccharides account for 25-30% of the MW (Cole 2010). hCG is composed of a 92-amino acid alpha subunit, common to the LH, FSH and TSH hormones, and of a unique beta subunit, which is recognized by Mouse anti hCG beta antibody, clone P1G7F12.
Production of progesterone is not the only role of hCG: it also has numerous other functions, during pregnancy and as a marker for certain cancers (Cole 2012), (Cole 2010) and (Cole 2009).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Human Chorionic Gonadotropin beta subunit from human pregnancy urine
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the P3X63-Ag 8.653 myeloma cell line
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01233 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CGB Related reagents
- For research purposes only
Applications of hCG antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|