Granzyme A antibody | GA6
Mouse anti Human Granzyme A
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Granzyme A
|Mouse anti Human granzyme A antibody, clone GA6 recognizes Granzyme A, a ~60 kDa disulphide-linked homodimeric protein of two 262 amino acid chains, expressed in cytoplasmic granules of cytotoxic lymphocytes and NK cells.
Granzyme A is involved in the induction of apoptosis via its activity as a serine protease, but this would seem to be subsidiary to the role of Granzyme B. Granzyme A deficient mice are indistinguishable from normal animals in their response to infection.
Granzyme A has been proposed as a potential biomarker for patients with active tuberculosis with significantly lower levels present in the plasma of patients with the active form of the disease compared to patients with latent infection (Guggino et al. 2015).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human Granzyme A.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50||1/200|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
References for Granzyme A antibody
Kummer, J.A. et al. (1993) Production and characterization of monoclonal antibodies raised against recombinant human granzymes A and B and showing cross reactions with the natural proteins.
J Immunol Methods. 163 (1): 77-83.
Mahrus, S. & Craik, C.S. (2005) Selective chemical functional probes of granzymes A and B reveal granzyme B is a major effector of natural killer cell-mediated lysis of target cells.
Chem Biol. 12: 567-77.
Meade, J.L. et al. (2009) Proteolytic activation of the cytotoxic phenotype during human NK cell development.
J Immunol. 183: 803-13.
Hochegger, K. et al. (2007) Expression of granzyme A in human polymorphonuclear neutrophils.
Immunology. 121: 166-73.
Grodzovski, I. et al. (2011) IL-2-granzyme A chimeric protein overcomes multidrug resistance (MDR) through a caspase 3-independent apoptotic pathway.
Int J Cancer. 128: 1966-80.
Suck, G. et al. (2005) KHYG-1, a model for the study of enhanced natural killer cell cytotoxicity.
Exp Hematol. 33: 1160-71.
Vrazo, A.C. et al. (2015) Live cell evaluation of granzyme delivery and death receptor signaling in tumor cells targeted by human natural killer cells.
Blood. 126 (8): e1-e10.
Korten, S. et al. (2008) Natural death of adult Onchocerca volvulus and filaricidal effects of doxycycline induce local FOXP3+/CD4+ regulatory T cells and granzyme expression.
Microbes Infect. 10 (3): 313-24.
View The Latest Product References
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001772 immunological synapse
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006922 cleavage of lamin
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0032078 negative regulation of endodeoxyribonuclease activity
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0043065 positive regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043392 negative regulation of DNA binding
- GO:0051354 negative regulation of oxidoreductase activity
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up