Granzyme A antibody | GA6
Granzyme A is involved in the induction of apoptosis via its activity as a serine protease, but this would seem to be subsidiary to the role of Granzyme B. Granzyme A deficient mice are indistinguishable from normal animals in their response to infection.
Granzyme A has been proposed as a potential biomarker for patients with active tuberculosis with significantly lower levels present in the plasma of patients with the active form of the disease compared to patients with latent infection (Guggino et al. 2015).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human Granzyme A.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001772 immunological synapse
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006922 cleavage of lamin
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0032078 negative regulation of endodeoxyribonuclease activity
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043065 positive regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043392 negative regulation of DNA binding
- GO:0051354 negative regulation of oxidoreductase activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of Granzyme A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50||1/200|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Granzyme A antibody
Kummer, J.A. et al. (1993) Production and characterization of monoclonal antibodies raised against recombinant human granzymes A and B and showing cross reactions with the natural proteins.
J Immunol Methods. 163 (1): 77-83.
Mahrus, S. & Craik, C.S. (2005) Selective chemical functional probes of granzymes A and B reveal granzyme B is a major effector of natural killer cell-mediated lysis of target cells.
Chem Biol. 12: 567-77.
Meade, J.L. et al. (2009) Proteolytic activation of the cytotoxic phenotype during human NK cell development.
J Immunol. 183: 803-13.
Hochegger, K. et al. (2007) Expression of granzyme A in human polymorphonuclear neutrophils.
Immunology. 121: 166-73.
Grodzovski, I. et al. (2011) IL-2-granzyme A chimeric protein overcomes multidrug resistance (MDR) through a caspase 3-independent apoptotic pathway.
Int J Cancer. 128: 1966-80.
Suck, G. et al. (2005) KHYG-1, a model for the study of enhanced natural killer cell cytotoxicity.
Exp Hematol. 33: 1160-71.
Vrazo, A.C. et al. (2015) Live cell evaluation of granzyme delivery and death receptor signaling in tumor cells targeted by human natural killer cells.
Blood. 126 (8): e1-e10.
Korten, S. et al. (2008) Natural death of adult Onchocerca volvulus and filaricidal effects of doxycycline induce local FOXP3+/CD4+ regulatory T cells and granzyme expression.
Microbes Infect. 10 (3): 313-24.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra