Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 antibody | N-GAD65
Filter by Application:WB C Reset
Mouse anti Human Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 (N-Terminal)
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Glutamate Decarboxylase 2
|Mouse anti Human Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 (N-Terminal) antibody, clone N-GAD65 recognizes human glutamate decarboxylase 2, also known as 65 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase, Glutamate decarboxylase 65 kDa isoform or GAD-65. Glutamate decarboxylase 2 is a 585 amino acid ~65 kDa lipid anchored membrane associated protein responsible for catalysis of γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA) production, the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the central nervous system (Fenalti et al. 2007) and is expressed in the brain and pancreatic beta cells.
Glutamate decarboxylase 2 is the 65 kDa isoform of glutamate decarboxylase, encoded by the GAD2 gene and predominantly expressed by nerve termini, as opposed to the 67 kDa isoform (GAD67), predominantly found in the cell body, and encoded by the GAD1 gene. Autoantibodies to Glutamate decarboxylase 2 are detected in autoimmune diseases, including Graves disease (Kallmann et al. 1997), Stiff Man Syndrome (Raju et al. 2005) and are most prevalent in patients with Type I diabetes mellitus or those at high risk of developing Type I diabetes (Petersen et al. 1994). The N-Terminal region of GAD65 is essential for targeting the enzyme to GABA-containing secretory vesicles (Shi et al. 1994).
Mouse anti Human Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 (N-Terminal) antibody, clone N-GAD65 recognizes GAD65 but does not recognize GAD67 (Hampe et al. 2001).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH) conjugated synthetic peptide sequence PGSGFWSFGSEDGSGDSEN corresponding to amino acids 4-22 within the N-terminal region of human GAD65.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0-Ag14 mouse myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain
References for Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 antibody
Hampe, C.S. et al. (2001) A novel monoclonal antibody specific for the N-terminal end of GAD65.
J Neuroimmunol. 113 (1): 63-71.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0042136 neurotransmitter biosynthetic process
- GO:0004351 glutamate decarboxylase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006540 glutamate decarboxylation to succinate
- GO:0007269 neurotransmitter secretion
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0030170 pyridoxal phosphate binding
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0042734 presynaptic membrane
- GO:0061202 clathrin sculpted gamma-aminobutyric acid transport vesicle membrane
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up