Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 antibody | N-GAD65
Glutamate decarboxylase 2 is the 65 kDa isoform of glutamate decarboxylase, encoded by the GAD2 gene and predominantly expressed by nerve termini, as opposed to the 67 kDa isoform (GAD67), predominantly found in the cell body, and encoded by the GAD1 gene. Autoantibodies to Glutamate decarboxylase 2 are detected in autoimmune diseases, including Graves disease (Kallmann et al. 1997), Stiff Man Syndrome (Raju et al. 2005) and are most prevalent in patients with Type I diabetes mellitus or those at high risk of developing Type I diabetes (Petersen et al. 1994). The N-Terminal region of GAD65 is essential for targeting the enzyme to GABA-containing secretory vesicles (Shi et al. 1994).
Mouse anti Human Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 (N-Terminal) antibody, clone N-GAD65 recognizes GAD65 but does not recognize GAD67 (Hampe et al. 2001).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH) conjugated synthetic peptide sequence PGSGFWSFGSEDGSGDSEN corresponding to amino acids 4-22 within the N-terminal region of human GAD65.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0-Ag14 mouse myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0042136 neurotransmitter biosynthetic process
- GO:0004351 glutamate decarboxylase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006540 glutamate decarboxylation to succinate
- GO:0007269 neurotransmitter secretion
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0030170 pyridoxal phosphate binding
- GO:0042734 presynaptic membrane
- GO:0061202 clathrin sculpted gamma-aminobutyric acid transport vesicle membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human brain
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for Glutamate Decarboxylase 2 antibody
Hampe, C.S. et al. (2001) A novel monoclonal antibody specific for the N-terminal end of GAD65.
J Neuroimmunol. 113 (1): 63-71.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra