Glucocorticoid Receptor antibody | 8E9
In the absence of bound ligand GRs are located in the cytoplasm and are translocated to the nucleus or mitochondrion following ligation (Rossini et al. 1984). GRs are associated with heat shock proteins in the cytoplasm when ligated to steroid hormone, being disrupted on translocation of the steroid:receptor complex to the nucleus (Tse et al. 2011). Mouse anti Human glucocorticoid receptor antibody, clone 8E9 was raised against a conserved region of the glucocorticoid receptor and recognizes human GR, binding to an epitope between amino acids 167-176 and is therefore expected to bind all described isoforms of the human glucocorticoid receptor.
Mouse anti Human glucocorticoid receptor antibody, clone 8E9 has been used successfully for the identification of human glucocorticoid receptor using flow cytometry (Berki et al. 1998), western blotting (Moraes et al. 2005) and immunoprecipitation where it has also been shown to bind to the murine GR (Paul-Clark et al. 2003, Bartis et al. 2007).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- 26 amino acid peptide corresponding to residues 150-176 of human GCR linked to human thyroglobulin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse Sp-2/0 Ag14 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0004883 glucocorticoid receptor activity
- GO:0005496 steroid binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005759 mitochondrial matrix
- GO:0006366 transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016568 chromatin modification
- GO:0034339 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0051789 response to protein stimulus
- GO:0071109 superior temporal gyrus development
- For research purposes only
Applications of Glucocorticoid Receptor antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
|Immunohistology - Resin|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Berki, T. et al. (1998) Production and flow cytometric application of a monoclonal anti-glucocorticoid receptor antibody.
J Immunol Methods. 214 (1-2): 19-27.
References for Glucocorticoid Receptor antibody
Bourcier T et al. (2000) Regulation of human corneal epithelial cell proliferation and apoptosis by dexamethasone.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 41 (13): 4133-41.
Moraes, L.A. et al. (2005) Ligand-specific glucocorticoid receptor activation in human platelets.
Paul-Clark, M.J. et al. (2003) Glucocorticoid receptor nitration leads to enhanced anti-inflammatory effects of novel steroid ligands.
J Immunol. 171: 3245-52.
Bartis, D. et al. (2007) Intermolecular relations between the glucocorticoid receptor, ZAP-70 kinase, and Hsp-90.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 354: 253-8.
Ouyang, J. et al. (2012) Nuclear HSP90 regulates the glucocorticoid responsiveness of PBMCs in patients with idiopathic nephrotic syndrome.
Int Immunopharmacol. 14 (3): 334-40.
Bourcier, T. et al. (1999) In vitro effects of dexamethasone on human corneal keratocytes.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 40 (6): 1061-70.