GAPDH antibody | 4G5
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Mouse anti Human GAPDH
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human GAPDH antibody, clone 4G5 recognizes glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), a 36 kDa protein whose main function is to catalyse the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate, in conjunction with inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). This reaction is an important energy yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism.
GAPDH has also been shown to translocate to the nucleus under a variety of stressors, most of which are associated with oxidative stress, whereby it mediates cell death (Chuang & Ishitani 1996). GAPDH binds to several proteins responsible for neurodegenerative diseases, such as amyloid precursor protein and Huntingtin (Burke et al. 1996).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Pig Goat Cat Rat Mouse Dog Rabbit Fish
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human cardiac muscle GADPH.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
References for GAPDH antibody
Sun, S.Q. et al. (2012) Enhanced T cell immunity by B7-H4 downregulation in nonsmall-cell lung cancer cell lines.
J Int Med Res. 40: 497-506.
Northrup, E. et al. (2012) The ter mutation in the rat Dnd1 gene initiates gonadal teratomas and infertility in both genders.
PLoS One. 7: e38001.
DeVallière, C. et al. (2015) The pH-sensing receptor OGR1 improves barrier function of epithelial cells and inhibits migration in an acidic environment.
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 309 (6): G475-90.
Shimizu, H. et al. (2016) Transgenic mice overexpressing nesfatin/nucleobindin-2 are susceptible to high-fat diet-induced obesity.
Nutr Diabetes. 6: e201.
Ellegaard, A.M. et al. (2016) Repurposing Cationic Amphiphilic Antihistamines for Cancer Treatment.
EBioMedicine. 9: 130-9.
Tirumuru, N. et al. (2016) N(6)-methyladenosine of HIV-1 RNA regulates viral infection and HIV-1 Gag protein expression.
Elife. 5Jul 02 [Epub ahead of print].
Clark, P.A. et al. (2017) Resveratrol targeting of AKT and p53 in glioblastoma and glioblastoma stem-like cells to suppress growth and infiltration.
J Neurosurg. 126 (5): 1448-60.
Kim, J. et al. (2018) MicroRNA-378 is involved in hedgehog-driven epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in hepatocytes of regenerating liver.
Cell Death Dis. 9 (7): 721.
View The Latest Product References
Breitkreuz-Korff, O. et al. (2021) M01 as a novel drug enhancer for specifically targeting the blood-brain barrier.
J Control Release. 338: 137-48.
Lee, C. et al. (2022) Formyl peptide receptor 2 determines sex-specific differences in the progression of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and steatohepatitis.
Nat Commun. 13 (1): 578.
- GLYCERALDEHYDE-3-PHOSPHATE Dehydrogenase
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004365 glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (phosphorylating) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- GO:0035605 peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase activity
- GO:0035606 peptidyl-cysteine S-trans-nitrosylation
- GO:0051287 NAD binding
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up