GAPDH antibody | 4G5
GAPDH has also been shown to translocate to the nucleus under a variety of stressors, most of which are associated with oxidative stress, whereby it mediates cell death (Chuang & Ishitani 1996). GAPDH binds to several proteins responsible for neurodegenerative diseases, such as amyloid precursor protein and Huntingtin (Burke et al. 1996).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Pig Goat Cat Rat Mouse Dog Rabbit Fish
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Human cardiac muscle GADPH.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004365 glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (phosphorylating) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- GO:0035605 peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase activity
- GO:0035606 peptidyl-cysteine S-trans-nitrosylation
- GO:0051287 NAD binding
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- For research purposes only
Applications of GAPDH antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for GAPDH antibody
Sun, S.Q. et al. (2012) Enhanced T cell immunity by B7-H4 downregulation in nonsmall-cell lung cancer cell lines.
J Int Med Res. 40: 497-506.
Northrup, E. et al. (2012) The ter mutation in the rat Dnd1 gene initiates gonadal teratomas and infertility in both genders.
PLoS One. 7: e38001.
DeVallière, C. et al. (2015) The pH-sensing receptor OGR1 improves barrier function of epithelial cells and inhibits migration in an acidic environment.
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 309 (6): G475-90.
Shimizu, H. et al. (2016) Transgenic mice overexpressing nesfatin/nucleobindin-2 are susceptible to high-fat diet-induced obesity.
Nutr Diabetes. 6: e201.
Ellegaard, A.M. et al. (2016) Repurposing Cationic Amphiphilic Antihistamines for Cancer Treatment.
EBioMedicine. 9: 130-9.
Tirumuru, N. et al. (2016) N(6)-methyladenosine of HIV-1 RNA regulates viral infection and HIV-1 Gag protein expression.
Elife. 5Jul 02 [Epub ahead of print].
Clark, P.A. et al. (2017) Resveratrol targeting of AKT and p53 in glioblastoma and glioblastoma stem-like cells to suppress growth and infiltration.
J Neurosurg. 126 (5): 1448-60.
Kim, J. et al. (2018) MicroRNA-378 is involved in hedgehog-driven epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in hepatocytes of regenerating liver.
Cell Death Dis. 9 (7): 721.
Breitkreuz-Korff, O. et al. (2021) M01 as a novel drug enhancer for specifically targeting the blood-brain barrier.
J Control Release. 338: 137-48.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra