Factor VIII antibody | RFF-VIIIC/8
Defects in Factor VIII cause haemophilia A, a disorder characterized by the body’s inability to control blood clotting. This could result in severe blood loss, even with minor injuries.
Mouse anti Human Factor VIII antibody, clone RFF-VIIIC/8 is a very potent coagulation inhibitor. It recognizes an epitope towards the N-terminus of full-length Factor VIII. It also recognizes the 210 kDa, 90 kDa and 40 kDa cleavage products. Mouse anti Human Factor VIII antibody, clone RFF-VIIIC/8 does not cross-react with von Willebrand factor.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Pig Mouse Dog Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Affinity purified human Factor VIII.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from an immunized Balb/c mouse we fused foth cells of the P3-NS/a-Ag4-1 mouse myeloma.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005507 copper ion binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0016491 oxidoreductase activity
- GO:0007597 blood coagulation, intrinsic pathway
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- For research purposes only
Applications of Factor VIII antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Factor VIII antibody
Rotblat, F. et al. (1983) Monoclonal antibodies to human procoagulant factor VIII.
J Lab Clin Med. 101 (5): 736-46.
Tiarks, C. et al. (1987) Identification of six functional clotting factor VIII:C epitopes by analysis of cross-reactive public idiotypes in murine monoclonal VIII:C inhibitors.
Thromb Res. 45 (5): 527-37.
Purohit, V.S. et al. (2006) Influence of aggregation on immunogenicity of recombinant human Factor VIII in hemophilia A mice.
J Pharm Sci. 95 (2): 358-71.
Zaniboni, A. et al. (2015) In vitro differentiation of porcine aortic vascular precursor cells to endothelial and vascular smooth muscle cells.
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 309 (5): C320-31.
Turner NA & Moake JL (2015) Factor VIII Is Synthesized in Human Endothelial Cells, Packaged in Weibel-Palade Bodies and Secreted Bound to ULVWF Strings.
PLoS One. 10 (10): e0140740.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra