Factor VIII antibody | RFF-VIIIC/8
Filter by Application:E FN Reset
Mouse anti Human Factor VIII
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Factor VIII
|Mouse anti Human Factor VIII antibody, clone RFF-VIIIC/8 recognizes human Factor VIII, an essential blood coagulation factor. Whilst circulating in the blood, it is mostly stably complexed to von Willebrand factor. It is activated through cleavage at various sites, dissociates from the complex and interacts with Factor IXa, in the presence of calcium ions and phospholipids, to convert Factor X to the activated Factor Xa, which activates thrombin. Thrombin cleaves fibrinogen into fibrin, which polymerizes and cross-links to form a blood clot. The activated Factor VIII is proteolytically inactivated and cleared from the bloodstream.
Defects in Factor VIII cause haemophilia A, a disorder characterized by the body’s inability to control blood clotting. This could result in severe blood loss, even with minor injuries.
Mouse anti Human Factor VIII antibody, clone RFF-VIIIC/8 is a very potent coagulation inhibitor. It recognizes an epitope towards the N-terminus of full-length Factor VIII. It also recognizes the 210 kDa, 90 kDa and 40 kDa cleavage products. Mouse anti Human Factor VIII antibody, clone RFF-VIIIC/8 does not cross-react with von Willebrand factor.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Pig Mouse Dog Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Affinity purified human Factor VIII.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from an immunized Balb/c mouse we fused foth cells of the P3-NS/a-Ag4-1 mouse myeloma.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for Factor VIII antibody
Rotblat, F. et al. (1983) Monoclonal antibodies to human procoagulant factor VIII.
J Lab Clin Med. 101 (5): 736-46.
Tiarks, C. et al. (1987) Identification of six functional clotting factor VIII:C epitopes by analysis of cross-reactive public idiotypes in murine monoclonal VIII:C inhibitors.
Thromb Res. 45 (5): 527-37.
Purohit, V.S. et al. (2006) Influence of aggregation on immunogenicity of recombinant human Factor VIII in hemophilia A mice.
J Pharm Sci. 95 (2): 358-71.
Zaniboni, A. et al. (2015) In vitro differentiation of porcine aortic vascular precursor cells to endothelial and vascular smooth muscle cells.
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 309 (5): C320-31.
Turner NA & Moake JL (2015) Factor VIII Is Synthesized in Human Endothelial Cells, Packaged in Weibel-Palade Bodies and Secreted Bound to ULVWF Strings.
PLoS One. 10 (10): e0140740.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005507 copper ion binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0016491 oxidoreductase activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0007597 blood coagulation, intrinsic pathway
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
MCA4677156104 162070 1804
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up