Factor VIII antibody | RFF-VIIIC/5
Defects in Factor VIII cause haemophilia A (HEMA), a disorder characterised by the body’s inability to control blood clotting, potentially resulting in severe blood loss, even with minor injuries.
Mouse anti Human Factor VIII antibody, clone RFF-VIIIC/5 recognizes an epitope towards the C-terminus of full-length Factor VIII. It also recognizes the ~80 kDa and ~70 kDa cleavage products.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Affinity purified human Factor VIII.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with P3-NS1/1-Ag4-1 myeloma cells.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005507 copper ion binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0016491 oxidoreductase activity
- GO:0007597 blood coagulation, intrinsic pathway
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- For research purposes only
Applications of Factor VIII antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Factor VIII antibody
Rotblat, F. et al. (1983) Monoclonal antibodies to human procoagulant factor VIII.
J Lab Clin Med. 101 (5): 736-46.
Tiarks, C. et al. (1987) Identification of six functional clotting factor VIII:C epitopes by analysis of cross-reactive public idiotypes in murine monoclonal VIII:C inhibitors.
Thromb Res. 45 (5): 527-37.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra