Estrogen Receptor Beta 2 antibody | 57/3
The detection of estrogen (ER) and progesterone (PR) receptors using immunohistochemical staining of formal fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue, has gradually replaced ligand binding assays (LBA), to become the most common method for the determination of the ER/PR status of breast tumors. Approximately 75% to 80% of breast tumors have estrogen and/or progesterone receptors, and the presence of these receptors helps determine both the patient’s prognosis and the effectiveness of hormonal therapy
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide derived from the C terminus of the human estrogen receptor beta 2 isomer, CGMKMETLLPEATMEQ.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of Estrogen Receptor Beta 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50||1/500|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose. Glycine/ EDTA preparations have also been used with success in some tissues
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Estrogen Receptor Beta 2 antibody
Saunders, P.T. et al. (2002) ERbeta1 and the ERbeta2 splice variant (ERbetacx/beta2) are expressed in distinct cell populations in the adult human testis.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 87 (6): 2706-15.
Critchley, H.O. et al. (2002) Wild-type estrogen receptor (ERbeta1) and the splice variant (ERbetacx/beta2) are both expressed within the human endometrium throughout the normal menstrual cycle.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 87 (11): 5265-73.
Gaskell, T.L. et al. (2003) Differential expression of two estrogen receptor beta isoforms in the human fetal testis during the second trimester of pregnancy.
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 88 (1): 424-32.
Wong, N.A. et al. (2005) ERbeta isoform expression in colorectal carcinoma: an in vivo and in vitro study of clinicopathological and molecular correlates.
J Pathol. 207 (1): 53-60.
Carpino, A. et al. (2007) Detection of aromatase and estrogen receptors (ERalpha, ERbeta1, ERbeta2) in human Leydig cell tumor.
Eur J Endocrinol. 157 (2): 239-44.
Collins, F. et al. (2009) Expression of oestrogen receptors, ERalpha, ERbeta, and ERbeta variants, in endometrial cancers and evidence that prostaglandin F may play a role in regulating expression of ERalpha.
BMC Cancer. 9: 330.
Skliris, G.P. et al. (2006) Expression of oestrogen receptor-beta in oestrogen receptor-alpha negative human breast tumours.
Br J Cancer. 95 (5): 616-26.
Miller, W.R. et al. (2006) Oestrogen receptor beta and neoadjuvant therapy with tamoxifen: prediction of response and effects of treatment.
Br J Cancer. 94 (9): 1333-8.
Rago, V. et al. (2009) Identification of ERbeta1 and ERbeta2 in human seminoma, in embryonal carcinoma and in their adjacent intratubular germ cell neoplasia.
Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 7: 56.
Ciucci, A. et al. (2014) Gender effect in experimental models of human medulloblastoma: does the estrogen receptor β signaling play a role?
PLoS One. 9 (7): e101623.
Ciucci, A. et al. (2015) Mitochondrial estrogen receptor β2 drives antiapoptotic pathways in advanced serous ovarian cancer.
Hum Pathol. 46 (8): 1138-46.
Zannoni, G.F. et al. (2016) Sexual dimorphism in medulloblastoma features.
Histopathology. 68 (4): 541-8.
Buttarelli, M. et al. (2017) Hormone receptor expression profile of low-grade serous ovarian cancers.
Gynecol Oncol. Feb 20. pii: S0090-8258(17)30150-6. [Epub ahead of print]
Ciucci, A. et al. (2018) Estrogen receptor β: Potential target for therapy in adult granulosa cell tumors?
Gynecol Oncol. 150 (1): 158-65.
Scobie, G.A. et al. (2002) Human oestrogen receptors: differential expression of ER alpha and beta and the identification of ER beta variants.
Steroids. 67 (12): 985-92.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra