Estrogen Receptor Alpha antibody | 6F11
The detection of estrogen (ER) and progesterone (PR) receptors using immunohistochemical staining of formalin fixed, paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue, has gradually replaced ligand binding assays, to become the most common method for the determination of the ER/PR status of breast tumors (Yaziji et al. 2008). Approximately 75% to 80% of breast tumors have estrogen and/or progesterone receptors, and the presence of these receptors helps determine both the patients prognosis and the effectiveness of hormonal therapy (Bhargava et al. 2012).
Mouse anti human estrogen alpha antibody, clone 6F11 has been used successfully for identification of ERα on breast cancer cell lysates using Western blotting and for the immunohistochemical detection of ERα in breast cancer tissues (Ambroise et al. 2011).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant human estrogen receptor (alpha form).
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of the mouse p3-NS1-Ag4-1 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005496 steroid binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0008013 beta-catenin binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016585 chromatin remodeling complex
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0030235 nitric-oxide synthase regulator activity
- GO:0030284 estrogen receptor activity
- GO:0032355 response to estradiol stimulus
- GO:0034056 estrogen response element binding
- GO:0034339 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- GO:0048386 positive regulation of retinoic acid receptor signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of Estrogen Receptor Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 1||1/40||1/60|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 2||1/40||1/80|
- 1The use of Zamboni's fixative is recommended for best results
- 2This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Breast carcinoma
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Estrogen Receptor Alpha antibody
Bevitt, D.J. et al. (1997) New monoclonal antibodies to oestrogen and progesterone receptors effective for paraffin section immunohistochemistry.
J Pathol. 183 (2): 228-32.
Jongen, V. et al. (2009) Expression of estrogen receptor-alpha and -beta and progesterone receptor-A and -B in a large cohort of patients with endometrioid endometrial cancer.
Gynecol Oncol. 112: 537-42.
Ambroise, M. et al. (2011) Immunohistochemical profile of breast cancer patients at a tertiary care hospital in South India.
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 12: 625-9.
Droog, M. et al. (2017) Estrogen receptor α wields treatment-specific enhancers between morphologically similar endometrial tumors.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 114 (8): E1316-E1325.
Krishnaswamy, U. et al. (2013) Correlation of Her-2 neu over-expression with clinico pathological features of carcinoma breast
Apollo Medicine. 10 (4): 313-7.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra