Estrogen Receptor Alpha antibody | 6F11
Filter by Application:P WB Reset
Mouse anti Human Estrogen Receptor Alpha
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Estrogen Receptor Alpha
|Mouse anti Human estrogen alpha antibody, clone 6F11 recognizes the human estrogen receptor alpha chain (ERα), also known as the estradiol receptor or nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group A member 1. ERα is a ~65 kDa steroid hormone receptor containing an N-terminal (AF-1) ligand independent transactivation domain, a DNA binding domain and a C-terminal ligand binding domain which overlaps with an (AF-2) domain. ERα binds to DNA as a homodimer (Klinge 2001) and can also form heterodimers with Estrogen receptor beta.
The detection of estrogen (ER) and progesterone (PR) receptors using immunohistochemical staining of formalin fixed, paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissue, has gradually replaced ligand binding assays, to become the most common method for the determination of the ER/PR status of breast tumors (Yaziji et al. 2008). Approximately 75% to 80% of breast tumors have estrogen and/or progesterone receptors, and the presence of these receptors helps determine both the patients prognosis and the effectiveness of hormonal therapy (Bhargava et al. 2012).
Mouse anti human estrogen alpha antibody, clone 6F11 has been used successfully for identification of ERα on breast cancer cell lysates using Western blotting and for the immunohistochemical detection of ERα in breast cancer tissues (Ambroise et al. 2011).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Tissue culture supernatant - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human estrogen receptor (alpha form).
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of the mouse p3-NS1-Ag4-1 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 1||1/40||1/60|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 2||1/40||1/80|
- 1The use of Zamboni's fixative is recommended for best results
- 2This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human breast carcinoma
References for Estrogen Receptor Alpha antibody
Bevitt, D.J. et al. (1997) New monoclonal antibodies to oestrogen and progesterone receptors effective for paraffin section immunohistochemistry.
J Pathol. 183 (2): 228-32.
Jongen, V. et al. (2009) Expression of estrogen receptor-alpha and -beta and progesterone receptor-A and -B in a large cohort of patients with endometrioid endometrial cancer.
Gynecol Oncol. 112: 537-42.
Ambroise, M. et al. (2011) Immunohistochemical profile of breast cancer patients at a tertiary care hospital in South India.
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 12: 625-9.
Droog, M. et al. (2017) Estrogen receptor α wields treatment-specific enhancers between morphologically similar endometrial tumors.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 114 (8): E1316-E1325.
Krishnaswamy, U. et al. (2013) Correlation of Her-2 neu over-expression with clinico pathological features of carcinoma breast
Apollo Medicine. 10 (4): 313-7.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005496 steroid binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0008013 beta-catenin binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016585 chromatin remodeling complex
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0030235 nitric-oxide synthase regulator activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0030284 estrogen receptor activity
- GO:0032355 response to estradiol stimulus
- GO:0034056 estrogen response element binding
- GO:0034339 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter by nuclear hormone receptor
- GO:0048386 positive regulation of retinoic acid receptor signaling pathway
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up