Endothelin 1 antibody | IC4
Plasma levels of both endothlin-1 and big endothlin-1 are useful as predictors for survival of patients with congestive heart failure (Rodeheffer et al. 1992). However, the half life of the endothlin1 peptide in human plasma is very short (c1.0 mins) and measurement of big-endothlin-1 may be a more reliable measure of the endothlin secretory pathway activity (Hemsén et al. 1995).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- C-terminal fragment of human endothelin 1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001516 prostaglandin biosynthetic process
- GO:0003100 regulation of systemic arterial blood pressure by endothelin
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0019722 calcium-mediated signaling
- GO:0010460 positive regulation of heart rate
- GO:0010595 positive regulation of endothelial cell migration
- GO:0010613 positive regulation of cardiac muscle hypertrophy
- GO:0014065 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0014824 artery smooth muscle contraction
- GO:0014826 vein smooth muscle contraction
- GO:0046887 positive regulation of hormone secretion
- GO:0019229 regulation of vasoconstriction
- GO:0030072 peptide hormone secretion
- GO:0030185 nitric oxide transport
- GO:0030195 negative regulation of blood coagulation
- GO:0031707 endothelin A receptor binding
- GO:0031708 endothelin B receptor binding
- GO:0042313 protein kinase C deactivation
- GO:0043507 positive regulation of JUN kinase activity
- GO:0045321 leukocyte activation
- GO:0045429 positive regulation of nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0045793 positive regulation of cell size
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0051771 negative regulation of nitric-oxide synthase biosynthetic process
- GO:0060298 positive regulation of sarcomere organization
- GO:0060585 positive regulation of prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of Endothelin 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Endothelin 1 antibody
Papalambros, E. et al. (2003) Immunohistochemical expression of metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-9 in abdominal aortic aneurysms: correlation with symptoms and aortic diameter.
Int J Mol Med. 12 (6): 965-8.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra