Endothelin 1 antibody | IC4
|Mouse anti Human endothelin 1 antibody, clone IC4 recognizes human endothelin 1 (ET-1). Endothelin-1 in it's precursor form is a 212 amino acid protein with a 17 aa signal peptide, an N-terminal pro-peptide region and a C-terminal pro-peptide region flanking the endothelin peptides, big endothelin-1 (38aa), the precursor of the smaller endothelin peptide which is cleaved by endothlin converting enzyme to produce the active endothelin-1 (21aa) peptide and a c-terminal fragment. Endothelin-1 is a potent vasoconstrictor with a molecular mass of approximately 25 kDa. Mouse anti human endothelin 1 antibody, clone IC4 shows less than 10% reactivity with endothelin 3.
Plasma levels of both endothlin-1 and big endothlin-1 are useful as predictors for survival of patients with congestive heart failure (Rodeheffer et al. 1992). However, the half life of the endothlin1 peptide in human plasma is very short (c1.0 mins) and measurement of big-endothlin-1 may be a more reliable measure of the endothlin secretory pathway activity (Hemsén et al. 1995).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- C-terminal fragment of human endothelin 1.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
References for Endothelin 1 antibody
Papalambros, E. et al. (2003) Immunohistochemical expression of metalloproteinases MMP-2 and MMP-9 in abdominal aortic aneurysms: correlation with symptoms and aortic diameter.
Int J Mol Med. 12 (6): 965-8.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001516 prostaglandin biosynthetic process
- GO:0003100 regulation of systemic arterial blood pressure by endothelin
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0019722 calcium-mediated signaling
- GO:0010460 positive regulation of heart rate
- GO:0010595 positive regulation of endothelial cell migration
- GO:0010613 positive regulation of cardiac muscle hypertrophy
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0014065 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0014824 artery smooth muscle contraction
- GO:0014826 vein smooth muscle contraction
- GO:0046887 positive regulation of hormone secretion
- GO:0019229 regulation of vasoconstriction
- GO:0030072 peptide hormone secretion
- GO:0030185 nitric oxide transport
- GO:0030195 negative regulation of blood coagulation
- GO:0031707 endothelin A receptor binding
- GO:0031708 endothelin B receptor binding
- GO:0042313 protein kinase C deactivation
- GO:0043507 positive regulation of JUN kinase activity
- GO:0045321 leukocyte activation
- GO:0045429 positive regulation of nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0045793 positive regulation of cell size
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0048661 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0051771 negative regulation of nitric-oxide synthase biosynthetic process
- GO:0060298 positive regulation of sarcomere organization
- GO:0060585 positive regulation of prostaglandin-endoperoxide synthase activity
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up