Desmoglein 3 antibody | 5G11
Filter by Application:IF WB Reset
Mouse anti Human Desmoglein 3
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- Desmoglein 3
|Mouse anti Human Desmoglein 3 antibody, clone 5G11 recognizes human desmoglein-3, also known as 130 kDa pemphigus vulgaris antigen or Cadherin family member 6. Desmoglein-3 is a 999 amino acid ~125 kDa single pass type I transmembrane glycoprotein, a core component of the desmosome cell-cell junction between epithelial cells.
Desmoglein-3 is synthesized in the basal and lower suprabasal layers of the skin.
Mouse anti Human Desmoglein 3 antibody, clone 5G11 does not recognise desmoglein-1 or desmoglein-2.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antibody purified from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Pack Size: 25 µg<0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)Pack Size: 0.2 mg<0.1%% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human desmoglein 3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse NS-1 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. pepsin (Wu et al. 2000). Alternatively it is reported that staining of FFPE material may be enhanced using protein digestion with e.g. pronase, followed by HIER in citrate buffer.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human skin
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti human desmoglein 3 antibody, clone 5G11 detects a band of approximately 125 kDa in epithelial cell lysates.
References for Desmoglein 3 antibody
Wahl, J.K. 3rd (2002) Generation of monoclonal antibodies specific for desmoglein family members.
Hybrid Hybridomics. 21 (1): 37-44.
Wu, H/ et al. (2000) Protection against pemphigus foliaceus by desmoglein 3 in neonates.
N Engl J Med. 343 (1): 31-5.
Wan, H. et al. (2007) Increased keratinocyte proliferation initiated through downregulation of desmoplakin by RNA interference.
Exp Cell Res. 313: 2336-44.
Szegedi, A. et al. (2008) Protein kinase C isoenzymes differentially regulate the differentiation-dependent expression of adhesion molecules in human epidermal keratinocytes.
Exp Dermatol. 18: 122-9.
O'Shea, C. et al. (2014) Desmosomal defects in acantholytic squamous cell carcinomas.
J Cutan Pathol. 41 (11): 873-9.
Völlner, F. et al. (2016) Loss of flotillin expression results in weakened desmosomal adhesion and Pemphigus vulgaris-like localisation of desmoglein-3 in human keratinocytes.
Sci Rep. 6: 28820.
Koch, P.J. et al. (1998) Desmoglein 3 anchors telogen hair in the follicle.
J Cell Sci. 111 ( Pt 17): 2529-37.
Jolly, P.S. et al. (2010) p38MAPK signaling and desmoglein-3 internalization are linked events in pemphigus acantholysis.
J Biol Chem. 285: 8936-41.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007156 homophilic cell adhesion
- GO:0030057 desmosome
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up