Desmoglein 3 antibody | 5G11
Desmoglein-3 is synthesized in the basal and lower suprabasal layers of the skin.
Mouse anti Human Desmoglein 3 antibody, clone 5G11 does not recognise desmoglein-1 or desmoglein-2.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant human desmoglein 3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse NS-1 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007156 homophilic cell adhesion
- GO:0030057 desmosome
- For research purposes only
Applications of Desmoglein 3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. pepsin (See Wu et al). Alternatively it is reported that staining of FFPE material may be enhanced using protein digestion with e.g. pronase, followed by HIER in citrate buffer.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Desmoglein 3 antibody
Wahl, J.K. 3rd (2002) Generation of monoclonal antibodies specific for desmoglein family members.
Hybrid Hybridomics. 21 (1): 37-44.
Wu, H/ et al. (2000) Protection against pemphigus foliaceus by desmoglein 3 in neonates.
N Engl J Med. 343 (1): 31-5.
Wan, H. et al. (2007) Increased keratinocyte proliferation initiated through downregulation of desmoplakin by RNA interference.
Exp Cell Res. 313: 2336-44.
Szegedi, A. et al. (2008) Protein kinase C isoenzymes differentially regulate the differentiation-dependent expression of adhesion molecules in human epidermal keratinocytes.
Exp Dermatol. 18: 122-9.
O'Shea, C. et al. (2014) Desmosomal defects in acantholytic squamous cell carcinomas.
J Cutan Pathol. 41 (11): 873-9.
Völlner, F. et al. (2016) Loss of flotillin expression results in weakened desmosomal adhesion and Pemphigus vulgaris-like localisation of desmoglein-3 in human keratinocytes.
Sci Rep. 6: 28820.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra