Desmoglein 2 antibody | 6D8
Mouse anti human desmoglein 2, clone 6D8 has been used for the study of the interaction between desmoglein 2 and adenoviruses which exploit desmoglein 2 as a receptor for infection (Wang et al. 2013).
Mouse anti Human desmoglein 2 monoclonal antibody, clone 6D8 recognizes a region encompassing a portion of extracellular domains 3 and 4 (Kolegraff et al. 2011) and does not recognize desmoglein-1 or desmoglein-3 (Wahl et al. 2002).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A-431 cell membranes.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse NS-1 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0007156 homophilic cell adhesion
- GO:0030057 desmosome
- For research purposes only
Applications of Desmoglein 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Western Blotting
- MCA2272 detects a band of approximately 165kDa in A-431 cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Desmoglein 2 antibody
Wahl, J.K. 3rd (2002) Generation of monoclonal antibodies specific for desmoglein family members.
Hybrid Hybridomics. 21 (1): 37-44.
Hemmoranta, H. et al. (2006) Transcriptional profiling reflects shared and unique characters for CD34+ and CD133+ cells.
Stem Cells Dev. 15: 839-51.
Wang, H. et al. (2012) A new human DSG2-transgenic mouse model for studying the tropism and pathology of human adenoviruses.
J Virol. 86 (11): 6286-302.
Gornowicz-Porowska, J. et al. (2011) Loss of correlation between intensities of desmoglein 2 and desmoglein 3 expression in basal cell carcinomas.
Acta Dermatovenerol Croat. 19: 150-5.
Yamamoto, Y. et al. (2007) Anti-desmoglein 3 (Dsg3) monoclonal antibodies deplete desmosomes of Dsg3 and differ in their Dsg3-depleting activities related to pathogenicity.
J Biol Chem. 282: 17866-76.
Pietkiewicz, P. et al. (2014) Discordant expression of desmoglein 2 and 3 at the mRNA and protein levels in nodular and superficial basal cell carcinoma revealed by immunohistochemistry and fluorescent in situ hybridization.
Clin Exp Dermatol. 39 (5): 628-35.
Nava, P. et al. (2007) Desmoglein-2: a novel regulator of apoptosis in the intestinal epithelium.
Mol Biol Cell. 18: 4565-78.
Wang, H. et al. (2015) Intracellular Signaling and Desmoglein 2 Shedding Triggered by Human Adenoviruses Ad3, Ad14, and Ad14P1.
J Virol. 89 (21): 10841-59.
Sobolik-Delmaire, T. et al. (2006) Carboxyl terminus of Plakophilin-1 recruits it to plasma membrane, whereas amino terminus recruits desmoplakin and promotes desmosome assembly.
J Biol Chem. 281 (25): 16962-70.
Keim, S.A. et al. (2008) Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against the proregion of human desmoglein-2.
Hybridoma (Larchmt). 27 (4): 249-58.
Brennan, D. et al. (2012) A role for caveolin-1 in desmoglein binding and desmosome dynamics.
Oncogene. 31 (13): 1636-48.
Wang, H. et al. (2013) Structural and functional studies on the interaction of adenovirus fiber knobs and desmoglein 2.
J Virol. 87 (21): 11346-62.
Todorović, V. et al. (2010) Detection of differentially expressed basal cell proteins by mass spectrometry.
Mol Cell Proteomics. 9 (2): 351-61.
Ishii, K. et al. (2001) Assembly of desmosomal cadherins into desmosomes is isoform dependent.
J Invest Dermatol. 117 (1): 26-35.
Yumul, R. et al. (2016) Epithelial Junction Opener Improves Oncolytic Adenovirus Therapy in Mouse Tumor Models.
Hum Gene Ther. 27 (4): 325-37.
Kim, J. et al. (2020) Desmoglein-2 as a prognostic and biomarker in ovarian cancer.
Cancer Biol Ther. : 1-9.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra