Complement Factor I antibody | 052.11.3 (3R/8)
Dysfunctional factor I can lead to uncontrolled activation of the alternative complement pathway causing in systemic depletion of C3 and lower levels of factors B and H, resulting in recurrent pyogenic infections. Defects in CFI are also associated with haemolytic uraemic syndrome.
Mouse anti Human Complement Factor I antibody, clone 3R/8 blocks function of complement factor I.
Removal of Sodium Azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Native human factor I from serum.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.14 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0004252 serine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0005044 scavenger receptor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- For research purposes only
Applications of Complement Factor I antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Kidney from post streptoccal glomerulonephritis patients
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for Complement Factor I antibody
Dragon-Durey, M.A. & Frémeaux-Bacchi, V. (2005) Atypical haemolytic uraemic syndrome and mutations in complement regulator genes.
Springer Semin Immunopathol. 27 (3): 359-74.
Nilsson, S.C. et al. (2007) A mutation in factor I that is associated with atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome does not affect the function of factor I in complement regulation.
Mol Immunol. 44 (8): 1835-44.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra