Complement Factor H antibody | 028B-244.2.10X (10-10)
Complement factor H functions as a cofactor in the inactivation of C3b by factor I. It makes C3b susceptible to cleavage by factor I, resulting in iC3b. Factor H also inhibits the formation of the C3bBb complex (C3 convertase) and increases the rate of dissociation of both C3 convertase and the (C3b)NBB complex (C5 convertase). This prevents these components of the classical and of alternative complement pathways from forming a positive feedback loop.
Mutations in factor H are associated with hemolytic-uremic syndrome, age-related macular degeneration, membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis (MPGN) type II and chronic hypocomplementemic nephropathy.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A.
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human complement factor H from serum.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Applications of Complement Factor H antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Kidney from post streptococcal glomerulonephritis patients.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|