Cftr antibody | M3A7
Mouse anti Human Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator antibody, clone M3A7 recognizes the human cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR). It recognises an epitope localizing to the ABC transporter 2 domain, specifically to a region between amino acids 1370 to 1380.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate Buffered Saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Fusion protein containing residues 1197-1480 of human CFTR (Chang et al. 1993).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P13569 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CFTR Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005224 ATP-binding and phosphorylation-dependent chloride channel activity
- GO:0005260 channel-conductance-controlling ATPase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0007585 respiratory gaseous exchange
- GO:0016323 basolateral plasma membrane
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0017081 chloride channel regulator activity
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0030165 PDZ domain binding
- GO:0031901 early endosome membrane
- GO:0034707 chloride channel complex
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cftr antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 1|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
|Western Blotting 2||10ug/ml|
- 1The epitope recognised by this antibody is reported to be sensitive to formaldehyde fixation and tissue processing. Bio-Rad recommends the use of acetone fixation for frozen sections.
- 2This antibody recognises a 170kDa band under native conditions.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Cftr antibody
Kartner, N. et al. (1992) Mislocalization of delta F508 CFTR in cystic fibrosis sweat gland.
Nat Genet. 1 (5): 321-7.
Kartner, N. & Riordan, J.R. (1998) Characterization of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies to cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator.
Methods Enzymol. 292: 629-52.
Chang, X.B. et al. (1993) Protein kinase A (PKA) still activates CFTR chloride channel after mutagenesis of all 10 PKA consensus phosphorylation sites.
J Biol Chem. 268 (15): 11304-11.
Zhang, F. et al. (1998) Limited proteolysis as a probe for arrested conformational maturation of delta F508 CFTR.
Nat Struct Biol. 5 (3): 180-3.
Benharouga, M. et al. (2001) COOH-terminal truncations promote proteasome-dependent degradation of mature cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator from post-Golgi compartments.
J Cell Biol. 153: 957-70.