CD8 antibody | 4B11
Mouse anti Human CD8 antibody, clone 4B11 has been reported as being suitable for use in Western blotting (Williamson et al. 1998) .
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Pack Size: 1 ml
0.09% Sodium AzidePack Size: 0.1 ml<0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide derived from the carboxy terminal region of the human CD8 alpha chain coupled to a N-terminal cysteine, with the sequence C-KSDGKPSLSARYV. The peptide was coupled to bovine serum albumin and keyhole limpet hemocyanin.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of a mouse p3-NS1-Ag4-1 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0007169 transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase signaling pathway
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0015026 coreceptor activity
- GO:0019882 antigen processing and presentation
- GO:0042101 T cell receptor complex
- GO:0042288 MHC class I protein binding
- GO:0050776 regulation of immune response
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD8 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/50|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Tris/EDTA buffer pH 8.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human Tonsil
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Williamson, S.L. et al. (1998) New monoclonal antibodies to the T cell antigens CD4 and CD8. Production and characterization in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue.
Am J Pathol. 152 (6): 1421-6.
References for CD8 antibody
Freysdottir, J. et al. (2007) Oral biopsies from patients with orofacial granulomatosis with histology resembling Crohn's disease have a prominent Th1 environment.
Inflamm Bowel Dis. 13 (4): 439-45.
Rees, L.E. et al. (2006) Smoking influences the immunological architecture of the human larynx.
Clin Immunol. 118: 342-7.
Choi, Y. et al. (2009) Immunohistochemical Characterization of the Human Sublingual Mucosa.
Int J Oral Biol 34: 131-5.
Kim, Y.C. et al. (2010) Presence of Porphyromonas gingivalis and plasma cell dominance in gingival tissues with periodontitis.
Oral Dis. 16: 375-81.
Ruf, M.T. et al. (2011) Secondary buruli ulcer skin lesions emerging several months after completion of chemotherapy: paradoxical reaction or evidence for immune protection?
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 5: e1252.
Matsuura, E. et al. (2017) Dynamic acquisition of HTLV-1 tax protein by mononuclear phagocytes: Role in neurologic disease.
J Neuroimmunol. 304: 43-50.
Weber, B. et al. (2017) Distinct interferon-gamma and interleukin-9 expression in cutaneous and oral lichen planus.
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 31 (5): 880-6.
Choi, Y.S. et al. (2016) The presence of bacteria within tissue provides insights into the pathogenesis of oral lichen planus.
Sci Rep. 6: 29186.
Sabolek, M.T.. et al. (2019) Communication of CD8+ T cells with mononuclear phagocytes in multiple sclerosis.
Ann Clin Transl Neurol. 6 (7): 1151-64.
Mason, D.Y. et al. (1992) Immunohistological detection of human cytotoxic/suppressor T cells using antibodies to a CD8 peptide sequence.
J Clin Pathol. 45 (12): 1084-8.
Brunati, S. et al. (1987) Production and characterization of a rabbit antiserum to the mouse CD8 antigenic complex by immunization with a synthetic peptide.
J Immunol Methods. 96 (1): 97-105.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra