CD8 antibody | 4B11
Filter by Application:P Reset
Mouse anti Human CD8
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human CD8 antibody, clone 4B11 recognizes the human CD8 cell surface antigen, a ~32 kDa glycoprotein expressed by the cytotoxic/suppressor subset of T-cells and weakly by NK cells. Mouse anti Human CD8 antibody, clone 4B11 was raised based on an earlier successful strategy used to generate rabbit polyclonal antibodies against human CD8 employing the same immunizing peptide (Mason et al. 1992).
Mouse anti Human CD8 antibody, clone 4B11 has been reported as being suitable for use in Western blotting (Williamson et al. 1998) .
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Tissue culture supernatant - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Pack Size: 1 ml0.09% sodium azide (NaN3)Pack Size: 0.1 ml<0.1% sodium azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide derived from the carboxy terminal region of the human CD8 alpha chain coupled to a N-terminal cysteine, with the sequence C-KSDGKPSLSARYV. The peptide was coupled to bovine serum albumin and keyhole limpet hemocyanin.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of a mouse p3-NS1-Ag4-1 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/50|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/50|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Tris/EDTA buffer pH 8.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human tonsil
Williamson, S.L. et al. (1998) New monoclonal antibodies to the T cell antigens CD4 and CD8. Production and characterization in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue.
Am J Pathol. 152 (6): 1421-6.
References for CD8 antibody
Freysdottir, J. et al. (2007) Oral biopsies from patients with orofacial granulomatosis with histology resembling Crohn's disease have a prominent Th1 environment.
Inflamm Bowel Dis. 13 (4): 439-45.
Rees, L.E. et al. (2006) Smoking influences the immunological architecture of the human larynx.
Clin Immunol. 118: 342-7.
Choi, Y. et al. (2009) Immunohistochemical Characterization of the Human Sublingual Mucosa.
Int J Oral Biol 34: 131-5.
Kim, Y.C. et al. (2010) Presence of Porphyromonas gingivalis and plasma cell dominance in gingival tissues with periodontitis.
Oral Dis. 16: 375-81.
Ruf, M.T. et al. (2011) Secondary buruli ulcer skin lesions emerging several months after completion of chemotherapy: paradoxical reaction or evidence for immune protection?
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 5: e1252.
Matsuura, E. et al. (2017) Dynamic acquisition of HTLV-1 tax protein by mononuclear phagocytes: Role in neurologic disease.
J Neuroimmunol. 304: 43-50.
Weber, B. et al. (2017) Distinct interferon-gamma and interleukin-9 expression in cutaneous and oral lichen planus.
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 31 (5): 880-6.
Choi, Y.S. et al. (2016) The presence of bacteria within tissue provides insights into the pathogenesis of oral lichen planus.
Sci Rep. 6: 29186.
View The Latest Product References
Sabolek, M.T.. et al. (2019) Communication of CD8+ T cells with mononuclear phagocytes in multiple sclerosis.
Ann Clin Transl Neurol. 6 (7): 1151-64.
Kim, H.D. et al. (2021) Implication of CD69+ CD103+ tissue-resident-like CD8+ T cells as a potential immunotherapeutic target for cholangiocarcinoma.
Liver Int. 41 (4): 764-76.
Mason, D.Y. et al. (1992) Immunohistological detection of human cytotoxic/suppressor T cells using antibodies to a CD8 peptide sequence.
J Clin Pathol. 45 (12): 1084-8.
Brunati, S. et al. (1987) Production and characterization of a rabbit antiserum to the mouse CD8 antigenic complex by immunization with a synthetic peptide.
J Immunol Methods. 96 (1): 97-105.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0007169 transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase signaling pathway
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0015026 coreceptor activity
- GO:0019882 antigen processing and presentation
- GO:0042101 T cell receptor complex
- GO:0042288 MHC class I protein binding
- GO:0050776 regulation of immune response
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up