CD49d antibody | HP2/1
Mouse anti human CD49d, clone HP2/1 binds to both intact and the 80kDa fragment of integrin alpha-4. CD49d is expressed on monocytes, T cells, B cells, thymocytes and Langerhans cells (de Graaf et al. 1995).
Mouse anti Human CD49d, clone HP2/1 can be used in basic studies of VLA-4 mediated adhesion and its interaction with the VCAM-1 structure and has been demonstrated to inhibit cell binding to soluble VCAM-1 (Weller et al. 1991).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Rhesus Monkey Bovine Pig Cynomolgus monkey Goat Rabbit Llama Horse Mink Mustelid Cat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Pack Size: 0.2 mg
0.1% Sodium AzidePack Size: 0.1 mg 0.01% Sodium Azide
- JM leukaemia line.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the X63 Ag8.653 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0008305 integrin complex
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0007229 integrin-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0030183 B cell differentiation
- GO:0050776 regulation of immune response
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD49d antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry||1ug/5 x 105 cells|
|Functional Assays 1|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- 1 This product contains sodium azide, removal by dialysis is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG1 Negative Control||MCA928||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for CD49d antibody
Sánchez-Madrid, F. et al. (1986) VLA-3: a novel polypeptide association within the VLA molecular complex: cell distribution and biochemical characterization.
Eur J Immunol. 16 (11): 1343-9.
Weller, P. F. et al. (1991) Human eosinophil adherence to vascular endothelium mediated by binding to vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 and endothelial leukocyte adhesion molecule 1.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 88: 7430-3.
Mattila, P. et al. (1992) VLA-4 integrin on sarcoma cell lines recognizes endothelial VCAM-1. Differential regulation of the VLA-4 avidity on various sarcoma cell lines.
Int J Cancer. 52 (6): 918-23.
Kumagai, M. et al. (1995) The cross-reactivity of anti-human adhesion mAb with primate and swine cells.
Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press p. 1646-8.
Sopper, S. et al. (1997) Lymphocyte subsets and expression of differentiation markers in blood and lymphoid organs of rhesus monkeys.
Cytometry. 29 (4): 351-62.
Van Vliet, S. S. et al. (1995) Species cross reactivity (human-monkey-pig-bovine) of the adhesion structure section mAB.
Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press p 1607-8.
Meister, R.K. et al. (2007) Progress in the discovery and definition of monoclonal antibodies for use in feline research.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 119: 38-46.
Bode, U. et al. (2008) Dendritic cell subsets in lymph nodes are characterized by the specific draining area and influence the phenotype and fate of primed T cells.
Immunology. 123: 480-90.
Canalli, A.A. et al. (2011) Participation of Mac-1, LFA-1 and VLA-4 integrins in the in vitro adhesion of sickle cell disease neutrophils to endothelial layers, and reversal of adhesion by simvastatin.
Haematologica. 96: 526-33.
Foster, G.R. et al. (2004) IFN-alpha subtypes differentially affect human T cell motility.
J Immunol. 173: 1663-70.
Haworth, O. et al. (2008) A role for the integrin alpha6beta1 in the differential distribution of CD4 and CD8 T-cell subsets within the rheumatoid synovium.
Rheumatology (Oxford). 47: 1329-34.
Nussbaum, G. et al. (2006) Peptide p277 of HSP60 signals T cells: inhibition of inflammatory chemotaxis.
Int Immunol. 18: 1413-9.
Peled, A. et al. (2002) Immature leukemic CD34+CXCR4+ cells from CML patients have lower integrin-dependent migration and adhesion in response to the chemokine SDF-1.
Stem Cells. 20: 259-66.
Ross, E.A. et al. (2006) Interaction between integrin alpha9beta1 and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) inhibits neutrophil apoptosis.
Blood. 107: 1178-83.
Rosseau, S. et al. (2005) Moraxella catarrhalis--infected alveolar epithelium induced monocyte recruitment and oxidative burst.
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 32: 157-66.
Spring, F.A.et al. (2001) Intercellular adhesion molecule-4 binds alpha(4)beta(1) and alpha(V)-family integrins through novel integrin-binding mechanisms.
Blood. 98: 458-66.
Hyduk, S.J. et al. (2011) Talin-1 and kindlin-3 regulate alpha4beta1 integrin-mediated adhesion stabilization, but not G protein-coupled receptor-induced affinity upregulation.
J Immunol. 187: 4360-8.
Caldwell, J.M. et al. (2017) Cadherin 26 is an alpha integrin-binding epithelial receptor regulated during allergic inflammation.
Mucosal Immunol. Jan 4. [Epub ahead of print]
Uitterdijk, A. et al. (2017) Time course of VCAM-1 expression in reperfused myocardial infarction in swine and its relation to retention of intracoronary administered bone marrow-derived mononuclear cells.
PLoS One. 12 (6): e0178779.
Schmitz, J.E. et al. (2001) Simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV)-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in gastrointestinal tissues of chronically SIV-infected rhesus monkeys.
Blood. 98 (13): 3757-61.
Sanz, M.J. et al. (1997) Tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced eosinophil accumulation in rat skin is dependent on alpha4 integrin/vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 adhesion pathways.
Blood. 90 (10): 4144-52.
Kuroda, M.J. et al. (1999) Comparative analysis of cytotoxic T lymphocytes in lymph nodes and peripheral blood of simian immunodeficiency virus-infected rhesus monkeys.
J Virol. 73 (2): 1573-9.
Piriou-Guzylack, L. (2008) Membrane markers of the immune cells in swine: an update.
Vet Res. 39: 54.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra