CD243 antibody | UIC2
|Mouse anti Human CD243, clone UIC2 recognizes an extracellular conformational epitope of CD243, also known as MDR1 (multi-drug resistance protein 1) and Pgp (P-glycoprotein), a multi pass transmembrane protein and member of the ABC transporter (ATP-binding cassette) family, containing two ABC transporter type 1 domains and two ABC transporter domains. CD243 acts as an active efflux pump for a diverse range of lipophillic compounds.
CD243 is expressed at low levels in the cell membrane of peripheral blood leucocytes, and constitutively expressed on the apical plasma membrane of excretory epithelial cells of the kidney, liver, brain and small intestine. CD243 mediates resistance to many chemotherapeutic agents used for tumour suppression and is therefore of special interest to oncologists. Clone UIC2 is a strong inhibitor of CD243-mediated efflux and of the resistance of MDR cells to CD243 transported cytotoxic drugs.
Clone UIC2 can be used in a shift assay to selectively demonstrate the expression and functional activity of CD243 in a target cell (Park et al. 2003). Clone UIC2 does not cross-react with mitochondrial pyruvate carboxylase. Exposure of monocytes, which do not constitutively express CD243 leads to an increase in surface expression and a significant enhancement of its substrate efflux activity. This increase in cell surface expression and efflux activity has implications for the drug resistance actions of CD243, not allowing concentrations of therapeutic agents such as cyclosporine (ritonavir) to reach beneficial levels in cells (Tempestilli et al. 2014).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Primate Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Mouse Balb/c 3T3 fibroblasts transfected with human CD243 cDNA.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry||1/20 Pack Size: 0.2 mg
1/50 Pack Size: 0.1 mg
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||1/200|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney.
References for CD243 antibody
Mechetner, E.B. & Roninson, I.B. (1992) Efficient inhibition of P-glycoprotein-mediated multidrug resistance with a monoclonal antibody.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 89 (13): 5824-8.
Park, S.W. et al. (2003) Analysis of P-glycoprotein-mediated membrane transport in human peripheral blood lymphocytes using the UIC2 shift assay.
Cytometry Part A. 53A: 67-78.
Koziolek MJ et al. (2001) Expression of multidrug resistance P-glycoprotein in kidney allografts from cyclosporine A-treated patients.
Kidney Int. 60 (1): 156-66.
Beck WT et al. (1996) Methods to detect P-glycoprotein-associated multidrug resistance in patients' tumors: consensus recommendations.
Cancer Res. 56 (13): 3010-20.
Meister, S. et al. (2010) Calcium Channel Blocker Verapamil Enhances Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress and Cell Death Induced by Proteasome Inhibition in Myeloma Cells
Neoplasia. 12: 550-61.
Tempestilli, M. et al. (2014) Low-density lipoprotein and ritonavir: an interaction between antiretrovirals and lipids mediated by P-glycoprotein.
J Antimicrob Chemother. 69 (7): 1760-6.
- Multidrug Resistance Protein 1
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- GO:0008559 xenobiotic-transporting ATPase activity
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0046581 intercellular canaliculus
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up