CA125 antibody | X75
CA125 is present within normal ovarian, endometrium, endocervix and fallopian tissue, but levels are elevated in over 90% of women with advanced ovarian cancer. CA125 levels may also be elevated in other cancers and non-cancerous conditions such as peritonitis, endometriosis and liver cirrhosis. Levels may also fluctuate during the menstrual cycle and occasionally increases in pregnancy, making CA125 an unreliable marker for ovarian cancer in premenopausal women. The function of CA125 in healthy tissue is unknown but it is thought to provide a protective lubricating barrier against particles and infectious agents at mucosal surfaces.
CA125 was concluded by the International Society of Oncology and BioMarkers (ISOBM) to contain two major antigenic domains. Mouse anti Human CA125 antibody, clone X75 recognizes the epitope specificity group B, similar to the M-11 antibody (Nustad et al. 2002). Mouse anti Human CA125 antibody, clone X75 has been used successfully as both a capture and detection reagent in the development of sensitive ELISA assays for the measurement of CA125 antigen in human plasma samples.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- CA125 antigen purified from human ovarian carcinoma.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0019898 extrinsic to membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of CA125 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for CA125 antibody
Nustad, K. et al. (2002) Epitopes on CA 125 from cervical mucus and ascites fluid and characterization of six new antibodies. Third report from the ISOBM TD-1 workshop.
Tumour Biol. 23: 303-14.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra