C9 antibody | 002-94.8.8
|Mouse anti Human C9 antibody, clone 002-94.8.8 recognises complement component 9 (C9), a 71 kDa member of the complement C6/C7/C8/C9 family present in the blood serum and synthesised by the liver and monocytes. C9 is the last component to be added during the formation of the membrane attack complex (MAC), binding the membrane associated C5b-8 complex and resulting in the circular polymerisation of 12-18 C9 molecules. This forms the hydrophilic transmembrane channel which causes cell lysis. Deficiency of C9 is associated with recurring infections by Neisseria meningitides.
Mouse anti Human C9 antibody, clone 002-94.8.8 does not recognise MAC.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human C9.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.01 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for C9 antibody
Huang, Y. et al. (2006) Defining the CD59-C9 binding interaction.
J Biol Chem. 281 (37): 27398-404.
- Complement Component 9
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005579 membrane attack complex
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0019836 hemolysis by symbiont of host erythrocytes
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up