Mouse anti Human C4c antibody, clone 033D-69.4.1 (10-12) recognizes complement component 4c (C4c). The complement 1 complex cleaves complement 4 (C4) to form C4b and C4a. C4b levels are strictly regulated. Single site cleavage of the C4b’s alpha chain by Factor I forms iC4b and blocks C3 convertase, inhibiting opsonisation and activation of the classical pathway. iC4b is further degraded into the inactive fragments C4d and C4c. C4c consists of two a-chain fragments, alpha 4 (13 kDa) and alpha 3 (25 kDa) linked to a beta chain through disulphide bridges and a gamma chain. It is expressed in the blood plasma.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Purified human C4c.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.15 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of C4c antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
- 1Clone 10-12 binds both C4c and C4 and so is not suitable for all ELISA applications.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Kidney sections from post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis patients.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Product Specific References
Press, E.M. & Gagnon, J. (1981) Human complement component C4. Structural studies on the fragments derived from C4b by cleavage with C3b inactivator.
Biochem J. 199 (2): 351-7.
Leung, E. et al. (2006) The complement regulator C4b-binding protein (C4BP) interacts with both the C4c and C4dg subfragments of the parent C4b ligand: evidence for synergy in C4BP subsite binding.
Biochemistry. 45 (27): 8378-92.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra