C3a antibody | 048-18.6.3.X (10-21)
C3a mediates local inflammatory process. It induces the contraction of smooth muscle, increases vascular permeability and causes histamine release from mast cells and basophilic leukocytes. C3a is expressed at significantly higher levels in colorectal cancer.
Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone 10-21 shows minimal reactivity with other complement proteins in radioimmunoassays and haemagglutination.
Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone 10-21 has been reported to work in western blotting applications.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Native purified human C3a.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.1 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- For research purposes only
Applications of C3a antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
Hugli, T.E. (1975) Human anaphylatoxin (C3a) from the third component of complement. Primary structure.
J Biol Chem. 250 (21): 8293-301.
Habermann, J.K. et al. (2006) Increased serum levels of complement C3a anaphylatoxin indicate the presence of colorectal tumors.
Gastroenterology. 131 (4): 1020-9; quiz 1284.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra