C3a antibody | 048-18.6.3.X (10-21)
|Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone 048-18.6.3.X (10-21) recognizes the ~9 kDa complement component 3a (C3a) which is present in the blood serum. C3a is generated over the course of complement activation where complement 3 (C3) convertases cleave C3 to C3a and C3b, which is further degraded into iC3b and C3dg/C3d. C3 is crucial in the induction of tolerance generated when an antigen is introduced into immunoprivileged sites and this is exploited by pathogens and cancer cells to evade the immune system by inhibiting complement activation.
C3a mediates local inflammatory process. It induces the contraction of smooth muscle, increases vascular permeability and causes histamine release from mast cells and basophilic leukocytes. C3a is expressed at significantly higher levels in colorectal cancer.
Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone 10-21 shows minimal reactivity with other complement proteins in radioimmunoassays and haemagglutination.
Mouse anti Human C3a antibody, clone 10-21 has been reported to work in western blotting applications.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Native purified human C3a.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 1.1 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Hugli, T.E. (1975) Human anaphylatoxin (C3a) from the third component of complement. Primary structure.
J Biol Chem. 250 (21): 8293-301.
Habermann, J.K. et al. (2006) Increased serum levels of complement C3a anaphylatoxin indicate the presence of colorectal tumors.
Gastroenterology. 131 (4): 1020-9; quiz 1284.
- Complement Component 3a
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up