C3 antibody | AB01-3B4
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Mouse anti Human C3
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human C3 antibody, clone AB01-384 recognizes complement C3. C3 is a central component of the classical, alternate and lectin pathways in the complement cascade which forms part of the innate immune defenses.
The central position of C3 in the cascade has led to the emergence of immune invasion strategies by many human pathogens, including Staphylococcus aureus which expresses 2 proteins that interfere with the activation of C3 (Garcia et al. 2012). C3 Deficiencies in humans also show an increased susceptibility to bacterial infections in early childhood the development of autoimmune disease and kidney diseases (Ricklin et al. 2016).
Conversely, complement over-activation can result in various disease pathologies, including induction of inflammatory pathways causing tissue damage. With complements’ role in various diseases, pharmaceutical and biotech companies have targeted the cascade for potential therapeutic targets in a range of immune and inflammatory diseases as well as in transplantation medicine (Ricklin et al. 2012).
C3 is activated via its’ cleavage into fragments which have varying functions within the complement cascade.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human C3 (Gly1200-Asn1663), Swiss-Prot: P01024
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from mice immunized with BALB/c were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- Under reducing conditions the C3 alpha chain at an approximate molecular weight of 115 kDa and the C3c alpha chain fragment 2 at approximately 39 kDa can be detected by Western blotting. Under non reducing conditions the mature C3 band can be detected at a molecular weight of approximately 186 kDa
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up