BRCA1 antibody | MS13
Filter by Application:P Reset
| Mouse anti Human BRCA1 antibody, clone MS13 recognizes the human tumor suppressor protein BRCA-1, also known as Breast cancer type 1 susceptibility protein or RING finger protein 53. BRCA1 is a 1863 amino acid, ~220 kDa E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase playing a central role in DNA repair (Tibbetts et al. 2000), expressed in the nucleus during the S/G2 phase of the cell cycle (Durrant and Nickoloff 2005). Normal BRCA-1 acts as a tumor suppressor protein and mutation or dysregulation of BRCA1 may indicate high risk of development of disease, including breast cancer (Budhram-Mahadeo et al. 1999).
Mouse anti human BRCA-1, clone MS13 recognizes an epitope within the 304 amino acid N-Terminal (NT) region (Yoshikawa et al. 1999) of human BRCA1.
BRCA1 is expressed numerous organs including mammary and ovarian tissues (Miki et al. 1994) . Mutations in the BRCA-1 gene are associated with hereditary breast and ovarian cancers. Secondary cancers such as prostate or melanoma also frequently arise in the latter stages of both male and female breast cancer patients (Benevento et al. 2012), but genetic screening and increased awareness of preventative surgery, can reduce this risk significantly (Scheuer et al. 2002). However, in males pancreatic and prostate cancer appear to be more strongly associated with BRCA2 gene mutations (Gallagher et al. 2010).
BRCA1 is a key marker of triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC), a high risk aggressive cancer which makes up about 15% of invasive breast cancers, and lacks the benefit of specific targeted therapy (Duffy et al. 2012). Triple-negative tumors are predominantly basal-like, poorly differentiated and of higher histological grade.
Mouse anti human BRCA1 antibody, clone MS13 is suitable for use in the immunohistochemical staining of human tissues (Fraser et al. 2003) and for immunofluorescence in multiple cell lines (Scully et al. 1996).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS-glycine buffered saline, NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein corresponing to the N-Terminal region of human BRCA1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of the mouse NS1 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/50|
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Breast carcinoma
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti Human BRCA1 detects a band of approximately 220kDa in HeLa nuclear extract. Some cell lysates may also show an uncharacterized band of approximately 65kDa.
References for BRCA1 antibody
Scully, R. et al. (1996) Location of BRCA1 in human breast and ovarian cancer cells.
Science. 272 (5258): 123-6.
Yoshikawa, K. et al. (1999) Reduction of BRCA1 protein expression in Japanese sporadic breast carcinomas and its frequent loss in BRCA1-associated cases.
Clin Cancer Res. 5 (6): 1249-61.
Ribeiro-Silva, A. et al. (2005) p63 correlates with both BRCA1 and cytokeratin 5 in invasive breast carcinomas: further evidence for the pathogenesis of the basal phenotype of breast cancer.
Histopathology. 47: 458-66
Oliveira-Costa, J.P. et al. (2010) Significance of topoisomerase IIIβ expression in breast ductal carcinomas: strong associations with disease-specific survival and metastasis.
Hum Pathol. 41: 1624-30.
Oliveira-Costa, J.P. et al. (2014) BRCA1 and γH2AX as independent prognostic markers in oral squamous cell carcinoma.
Oncoscience. 1 (5): 383-91.
Ribeiro-Silva, A. et al. (2006) Expression of checkpoint kinase 2 in breast carcinomas: correlation with key regulators of tumor cell proliferation, angiogenesis, and survival.
Histol Histopathol. 21 (4): 373-82.
Meng, Z.H. et al. (2004) Aberrations of breast cancer susceptibility genes occur early in sporadic breast tumors and in acquisition of breast epithelial immortalization.
Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 41 (3): 214-22.
Fraser, J.A. et al. (2003) A role for BRCA1 in sporadic breast cancer.
Br J Cancer. 88: 1263-70.
- Breast Cancer Type 1 Susceptibility Protein
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0007059 chromosome segregation
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000724 double-strand break repair via homologous recombination
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0030529 ribonucleoprotein complex
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006301 postreplication repair
- GO:0006359 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase III promoter
- GO:0006633 fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0006978 DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator resulting in transcription of p21 class mediator
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008274 gamma-tubulin ring complex
- GO:0008630 DNA damage response, signal transduction resulting in induction of apoptosis
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0010212 response to ionizing radiation
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0015631 tubulin binding
- GO:0016481 negative regulation of transcription
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0030521 androgen receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0031398 positive regulation of protein ubiquitination
- GO:0031436 BRCA1-BARD1 complex
- GO:0031572 G2/M transition DNA damage checkpoint
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0042127 regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0043627 response to estrogen stimulus
- GO:0045717 negative regulation of fatty acid biosynthetic process
- GO:0045739 positive regulation of DNA repair
- GO:0046600 negative regulation of centriole replication
- GO:0050681 androgen receptor binding
- GO:0051865 protein autoubiquitination
- GO:0070531 BRCA1-A complex
- GO:0071681 cellular response to indole-3-methanol
- GO:0085020 protein K6-linked ubiquitination
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up